[comp.sys.atari.st] Spice for the ATARI...where is it?

smisra@eos.ncsu.edu (SAURABH MISRA) (02/03/91)

Somoeone wrote here on the net that Spice the circuit
simulation program was available for the ATARI ST and is
free.  Where can I find it?  Thanks for any tips

Saurabh
smisra@eos.ncsu.edu

techno@lime.in-berlin.de (Techno) (02/04/91)

smisra@eos.ncsu.edu (SAURABH MISRA) writes:

>Somoeone wrote here on the net that Spice the circuit
>simulation program was available for the ATARI ST and is
>free.  Where can I find it?  Thanks for any tips

Hm, yes, I posted this to someone who said he could put it into a ftp site.
What happened, Wolfgang ?

                              Techno

--
| techno@zelator.in-berlin.de ||| Please do not e-mail from outside Germany ! |
| techno@lime.in-berlin.de   / | \ Hardcore ST user !  ====================== |

L.B.Brown@newcastle.ac.uk (L.B. Brown) (02/04/91)

smisra@eos.ncsu.edu (SAURABH MISRA) writes:

>Somoeone wrote here on the net that Spice the circuit
>simulation program was available for the ATARI ST and is
>free.  Where can I find it?  Thanks for any tips

I'd also like to know. If someone does know, reply
to the net please...

	Leigh Brown.	UK   : L.B.Brown@uk.ac.newcastle
			World: L.B.Brown@newcastle.ac.uk

cummins@unx2.ucc.okstate.edu (John Cummins) (02/07/91)

>SPICE is a *huge* program. I'm doing what I can to make it accessible to
>the net.
>                      Techno

Thanks!
         John Cummins cummins@unx2.ucc.okstate.edu

jbernat@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jim Bernatowicz) (02/08/91)

From article <1991Feb2.190113.9621@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, by smisra@eos.ncsu.edu (SAURABH MISRA):

> Somoeone wrote here on the net that Spice the circuit
> simulation program was available for the ATARI ST and is
> free.  Where can I find it?  Thanks for any tips

ftp atari.archive.umich.edu
look in the applications directory and find spice.lzh

Jim

rabino@eng.umd.edu (Michael Rabinovitz) (02/08/91)

	Spice.lzh is now on the Atari.archive. I have tried it on several of
the included input files, but only got an error message reading "Execution
error: no/corrupt PRL." This is on a 1040 w/ TOS 1.4, running w/ a Supra 20
Meg HD. Is anyone else out there more successful?

bud@ms.uky.edu (William K Glunt) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb8.015713.29253@eng.umd.edu> rabino@eng.umd.edu (Michael Rabinovitz) writes:

>	Spice.lzh is now on the Atari.archive. I have tried it on several of
>the included input files, but only got an error message reading "Execution
>error: no/corrupt PRL." This is on a 1040 w/ TOS 1.4, running w/ a Supra 20
>Meg HD. Is anyone else out there more successful?

 Interesting.  A few months ago I bought a used copy of the prospero
 fortran compiler,  and there's a program PRL that you're supposed to
 run before running any of the other stuff.  I think PRL is ram resident
 library stuff.  Anybody know what Spice.lzh was written in?

 Bud

--
Dr. William K Glunt     | Are you ABNORMAL?
Heh heh nice ring to it!| Then you are probably better than most people!

L.B.Brown@newcastle.ac.uk (L.B. Brown) (02/08/91)

rabino@eng.umd.edu (Michael Rabinovitz) writes:

>	Spice.lzh is now on the Atari.archive. I have tried it on several of
>the included input files, but only got an error message reading "Execution
>error: no/corrupt PRL." This is on a 1040 w/ TOS 1.4, running w/ a Supra 20
>Meg HD. Is anyone else out there more successful?

There is a file PRL.TOS, stick it in your auto folder. Its purpose is to
supply all the library routines that the program requires.

Leigh.

L.B.Brown@newcastle.ac.uk (L.B. Brown) writes:

>rabino@eng.umd.edu (Michael Rabinovitz) writes:

>>	Spice.lzh is now on the Atari.archive. I have tried it on several of
>>the included input files, but only got an error message reading "Execution
>>error: no/corrupt PRL." This is on a 1040 w/ TOS 1.4, running w/ a Supra 20
>>Meg HD. Is anyone else out there more successful?

>There is a file PRL.TOS, stick it in your auto folder. Its purpose is to
                 ^^^^^^^
rename to PRL.PRG first of course!

Leigh.

micro@imada.dk (Klaus Pedersen) (02/13/91)

stigvi@Lise.Unit.NO (Stig Vidar Hovland) writes:
>Unfortunately spice.ttp/prl.tos bombs out if ataris cachennn is resident.
                                                     ^^^^^^^^
Thank you, I will be forever grateful for this information...

Unfortunary the Cache is build into the ICD driver I an useing. If any
of you have got  Spice running with a ICD driver - please let me know
how...
(driver version and settings)

>Stig Vidar Hovland - stigvi@lise.unit.no

Klaus Pedersen.

marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Marshall Harris) (02/15/91)

For the benefit of us ignoramuses (ignorami?) - what IS Spice?

						   || Marshall Harris
Internet/CSnet:     marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || Dept.of Computer Science
JANET:    marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uk.ac.ukc || University of Queensland
EAN:                marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au || St Lucia, Queensland 4072
Bitnet:marshall%batserver.cs.uq.oz.au@uunet.uu.net || Australia
UUCP: uunet!munnari!batserver.cs.uq.oz.au!marshall || ph:  +61 7 365 2908
JUNET:              marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au ||
 	   "If you want to make god laugh, show him your plans"
	                   Woody Allen

R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com (02/16/91)

In Article: <7288@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au>
	marshall@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Marshall Harris) asks...

>For the benefit of us ignoramuses (ignorami?) - what IS Spice?

SPICE = Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis

It is an electronic circuit simulation program. You supply the "netlist"
and component parameters and it can calculate voltages/currents/waveforms/
power and many other behaviorial parameters of that circuit.

Very useful when you can't "breadboard" the circuit for some reason, or
if you want to test the circuit under conditions that might damage real
components. Also much easier to examine simulated waveform graphs than
to try to get the waveform on a scope (especially for transients)

                                        R. Tim Coslet

Usenet: R_Tim_Coslet@cup.portal.com             BIX:    r.tim_coslet
Free Kuwait.    Disarm Iraq.    Stop Soviet repression in the Baltic.