[comp.sys.atari.st] WordFlair

henry@argosy.UUCP (Henry Polard) (01/18/91)

I am considering buying a DTP package. I read about WordFlair,
and I would like the opinion of anyone who has used it.

BTW, I heard a rumor that the latest wersion was available
for $75.00 with the original disk of a word processor. Is this
true?

Thanks in advance.

Henry Polard                      Reality
henry@maspar.com  (408) 736-3300  is an allusion.

dlk0ms9s@umiami.ir.miami.edu (Mark Santora) (01/23/91)

In article <849@argosy.UUCP>, henry@argosy.UUCP (Henry Polard) writes:
> I am considering buying a DTP package. I read about WordFlair,
> and I would like the opinion of anyone who has used it.
>
> BTW, I heard a rumor that the latest wersion was available
> for $75.00 with the original disk of a word processor. Is this
> true?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Henry Polard                      Reality
> henry@maspar.com  (408) 736-3300  is an allusion.

 WordFlair is not a DTP program.  It is a word processor in the vein of Word Up!
Now as a user of Word Up!, if all you want to do is type a few papers and
possibly put in a picture or two, then Word Up is fine.  I don't know much
about WordFlair except that they just released WordFliar II.  It is much
more similar to Word Up, I heard.  But if you really want to DTP then there
is only one answer, Calamus.  I use Calamus and it is everything you need, and
more.  My friends that have Aldus Page maker on their Mac's come to my room
to use Calamus instead of Aldus.  So if STP is your thing, then go with Calamus.
BTW, it does not require, but it is a good idea to have a Hard Drive.  Once
you start getting fonts and stuff, your space goes real fast, especially if you
use UltraScript.

  Hope this Helps.  If you have any questions about Word Up or Calamus leave me
a message.

  Mark Santora
  DLK0MS9S@Umiami.edu

dhawk@well.sf.ca.us (David Hawkins) (02/15/91)

I reviewed WordFlair fairly recently and they just came out with
WordFlair II.  All my info is at home, so this is just my general
impression: WordFlair is very good for short, complex documents.
If you need the math/built-in-database features, then it's also
a must.

Personally what I tend to type are very long, and very simple
documents, so my preference is WordUp, with WordPerfect being a very
close second.

Here's a little info on WordFlair II:  Added features include a
spelling checker and a thesaurus. The graphics handling is faster and
the interface has been improved. The database functions are now more
powerful. For more information on Wordflair, contact Goldleaf
Publishing,700 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 199, Larkspur, CA, 94939,
(415)381-7717.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  {apple,pacbell,hplabs,ucbvax}!well!dhawk
"The world bores you when you're cool." [Calvin and Hobbes]

fh@well.sf.ca.us (Fabian Hahn) (02/17/91)

dhawk@well.sf.ca.us (David Hawkins) writes:

>Here's a little info on WordFlair II:  Added features include a
>spelling checker and a thesaurus. The graphics handling is faster and
>the interface has been improved. The database functions are now more
>powerful. For more information on Wordflair, contact Goldleaf
>Publishing,700 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 199, Larkspur, CA, 94939,
>(415)381-7717.

Wordflair II also includes hyphenation. The swap offer (upgrade from
WordUp, WordPerfect, MS Write, etc.) expired on Feb. 15th. So hurry up
to get it postmarked. ;-)

As far as I know everybody who buys Wordflair (I) within the next 90 days
can upgrade to Wordflair II by sending $25 with his/her registration card
and a dated proof of purchase.

Fabian