[comp.sys.atari.st] Gribniff Developement Toolkit

n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann) (02/18/91)

Last summer I received a newsletter from Gribniff software announcing as
the new Neodesk products.  Promplty I got my checkbook and was about to
order everything on the list.  Then my wife saw what I was doing, and
took my checkbook and credit cards away.

Now, I have her blessing to buy one piece of ST software at a time a couple
of times a year with her permission (boy what kindness).  I am looking to
get the Programming Toolkit (or whatever the name is).  However I have
a few questions:

   o What compilers does it work with (or is it an independent compiler) ?

   o What types of screens and windows can you make with it?  For example,
     Is it just a GEM/AES/VDI replacement or does it offer extra features?

   o I would like to make my software have a similar appearence to the
     OSF/Motif standard

Does anyone think this is feasible?
Mark Lehmann
tamuts.tamu.edu!n160ao

ggranger@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Greg Granger) (02/19/91)

n160ao@tamuts.tamu.edu (Mark Lehmann) writes:

> Last summer I received a newsletter from Gribniff software announcing as
> the new Neodesk products.  Promplty I got my checkbook and was about to
> order everything on the list.  Then my wife saw what I was doing, and
> took my checkbook and credit cards away.
>
> Now, I have her blessing to buy one piece of ST software at a time a couple
> of times a year with her permission (boy what kindness).  I am looking to
> get the Programming Toolkit (or whatever the name is).  However I have
> a few questions:
>
>    o What compilers does it work with (or is it an independent compiler) ?
>
>    o What types of screens and windows can you make with it?  For example,
>      Is it just a GEM/AES/VDI replacement or does it offer extra features?
>
>    o I would like to make my software have a similar appearence to the
>      OSF/Motif standard
>
> Does anyone think this is feasible?
> Mark Lehmann
> tamuts.tamu.edu!n160ao

I believe it is compatible with Turbo C (the compiler that Neodesk is
presently done with).  Gribnif sells 4 different Turbo C packages, but I
can't remember the prices off-hand.  If you are looking to get into C
programming, Turbo C is the way to go (in my opinion).

Speaking of Gribnif (or more precisely Dan Wilga), I just downloaded a
a new Colaware product of his called Formdoit.  If you can find it,
download it.  My site doesn't have FTP access yet, but I'm asking
(grovelling, pleading, and begging) the sysop here to get access.  Read
the next msg. with regards to the features of Formdoit.

Greg Granger

= INet:  ersys!ggranger@nro.athabascau.ca              =
= Fnet:  Greg Granger (Node 532) Dark Knight (Node 595)=
= Post:  5906-188 Street  Edmonton, AB  Canada T6M-2A9 =
= Tele:  +1 403 481-0803  OR  +1 403 481-5110          =