[comp.sys.atari.st] BART - gone?

Mark.Onyschuk.Of.250/744@p0.f744.n250.z1.fidonet.org (Mark Onyschuk Of 250/744) (02/17/91)

I caught a message header which stated that BART was no longer available. I wasn't able to find the original notice in the message base, so I hope this is simply rumour.

If it is true though, I was wondering if there was some other archive i could access through the mail rather than through FTP (my access to this utility is limited to a large extent)?

Best Regards,
Mark Onyschuk

"The glass is always greener | I'm calling through FIDO,  on the side..." -Unknown    | so I haven't yet figured                              | out my address :)

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (02/19/91)

In article <331.27BE8D00@egsgate.fidonet.org>
	(Mark Onyschuk Of 250/744) writes:

>I caught a message header which stated that BART was no longer
>available. I wasn't able to find the original notice in the message
>base, so I hope this is simply rumour.

The database is still there.  You can use mail to contact the bitftp
connection at pucc.  An announcement about this appeared here recently.

The ideas is this:  You send mail to the server at Princeton.  It
does the ftp access for you.  It then encodes the date in one
of two formats, either UUENCODE or NETDATA, and mails it to you.