[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Microsystems Corp's role

dwh@ataritx.uucp (Dave Hanna) (02/16/91)

In article <7340082@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> rrd@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Ray Depew) writes:
>After a couple of postings from
>
>>    Dave Hanna    Atari Microsystems Corp
>>	  UUCP   ...!texsun!letni!ataritx!dwh
>>		 ...!ames!atari!dhanna
>
>situated in Dallas, South Colorado, my curiosity has gotten the best of me:
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Huh??

>What's the difference between AMS and Atari Galactic HQ?  Does the Dallas
>gang make Portfolios, or spy on Tandy, or ... ?

Atari Microsystems Corp is a wholly owned subsidiary located in
Dallas, TX with primary hardware design, product engineering, and
document control responsibility for most of the 68000 family
and some of the IBM compatible family.

Software development, as well as marketing and all types of
corporate decision makeing, is still done in Sunnyvale.

Okay?

--

rrd@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Ray Depew) (02/20/91)

In comp.sys.atari.st, dwh@ataritx.uucp (Dave Hanna) writes:

>In article <7340082@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> rrd@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Ray Depew) writes:
>>After a couple of postings from
>>
>>>    Dave Hanna    Atari Microsystems Corp
>>>	  UUCP   ...!texsun!letni!ataritx!dwh
>>>		 ...!ames!atari!dhanna
>>
>>situated in Dallas, South Colorado, my curiosity has gotten the best of me:

Sorry.  Texas joke.  We tell a lot of them in Colorado.

>>What's the difference between AMS and Atari Galactic HQ?  Does the Dallas
>>gang make Portfolios, or spy on Tandy, or ... ?
>
>Atari Microsystems Corp is [description deleted].
>
>Okay?

Love it.  Thanks very much.

Curious no longer,
Ray