[comp.sys.atari.st] TT and developers package

sm@tukki.jyu.fi (Seismo Malm) (02/20/91)

  I haven't been very interested to do any software development with
my 1040ST, but now I am considerring to purchase a TT and would
appreciate info about developers package. How much there is TT info on
them ? How about TT hardware etc.
  Thanks,
         sm@tukki.juy.fi (Seismo Malm)

rodent@netcom.COM (Ben Discoe) (02/21/91)

sm@tukki.jyu.fi (Seismo Malm) writes:

>  I haven't been very interested to do any software development with
>my 1040ST, but now I am considerring to purchase a TT and would
>appreciate info about developers package.

Development on the TT is not as nice as you might imagine.  I assume
Atari would sell you Mark Williams, which is dreadful on the TT
(shell bombs and glitches, debugger doesn't work, hard drive thrashes
 so much it isn't much faster than a 1040).  With another compiler,
it might be O.K.  As the most enthusiastic mentions I've heard say
Lattice (from the U.K.) is the current best.  Does anyone know how
to actually BUY it?  Preferably at below full "retail" price?

Ben@Versasoft, makers of dBMan for 40 platforms, including the ST/TT.