[comp.sys.atari.st] Forcing mediach

Daniel_Roedding@fiction.ms.sub.org (02/22/91)

vsnyder@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Van Snyder) writes:

> In article <28841@cs.yale.edu> fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu (Michael Fischer)
> writes:
> >In article <208348@fiction> Daniel_Roedding@fiction.ms.sub.org writes:
> >>Some strange things about the <Esc> function in the DeskTop...
> >>1) hdv_bpb and hdv_rw are patched...
> >You have uncovered the approved way of forcing Gemdos to recognize a
> >media change...
> I think there was a much simpler way distributed with TOS 1.4.  I don't have
> it with me now so I can't say for sure.  Allan, can you cover this?

The piece of code I referred to was a part of TOS 1.4. The more I think
about it, the less I like it: Ok, it prevents you from the media change
problem when changing disks on the DeskTop, but if you are in an applica-
tion, you'll still have the problem. So I think the DeskTop is really the
wrong place for trying to fix the problem.

Daniel