[comp.sys.atari.st] Looking for old 800 games

gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) (02/23/91)

I'm looking for the following games:

Encounter!
Landscape / Stealth
Preppie I & II

Any help would be appreciated

"They can fly rings around the moon,	      |		 Mike
but we're years ahead of them on the highway" |	  gaines@mars.njit.edu
			System 7 on an 800K floppy? HA!

boyd@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (02/24/91)

In article <2412@njitgw.njit.edu>, gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:
>I'm looking for the following games:
>
>Encounter!

   ^^^^^

   This was my FAVORITE game on the 'ol 8-bit.  I was legendary in my
dorm for this game.  I have seen such a game for the ST, called Backlash.
I downloaded a demo version from somewhere, and it looked AWESOME.
However, I cannot find it!  Does anyone have a used copy they would like to
sell me?!?  Ever seen it in a store?  Email please!  It is a fairly dated
game, so it would probably be in the bargin bin at a store.  Arrrgh!

--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "God is a comedian playing to an
          FSU Computer Science       |      audience too afraid to laugh."

bdm@sirius.rice.edu (Brian D. Moore) (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb23.173928.4290@mailer.cc.fsu.edu>, boyd@mailer.cc.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) writes:
|> In article <2412@njitgw.njit.edu>, gaines@mars.njit.edu (Starman) writes:
|> >I'm looking for the following games:
|> >
|> >Encounter!
|>
|>    ^^^^^
|>
|>    This was my FAVORITE game on the 'ol 8-bit.  I was legendary in my

     While we're reminiscing about 8 bit, how about MULE -- possibly the greatest
game ever based on microeconomic theory.  And, just to stay within the bounds
of the newsgroup, has this been ported to the ST?  I would dig up my ancestors
and sell their bones to medical schools for such a program.  Of course, I said
the same thing about Bakshi's Mighty Mouse, and still haven't found any episodes
on tape...
Brian D. Moore              | Homebrewing -- the only sport exclusively for
Space Physics and Astronomy |                anal-retentive alcoholics.
Rice University, Houston TX |       Relax -- have a home brew.