[comp.sys.atari.st] Has anyone received their Spectre 3.0 upgrade yet?

bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu (brian ayers) (02/17/91)

I think that the title says it all.  I just got my MasterCard bill
last week and Gadgets was listed for the withdrawl on January 15.
It seems to me that it is now a month later.  I realize that Small
and co. are probably extreemly busy with upgrade orders now, but
when you promise 2-3 weeks, it seems like you should keep close to
it.  If I hadn't sent off my card until the 15'th it wouldn't be so
bad, but isn't it standard business practice to charge the customer
only when the product has been shipped?  If you have received yours
let me know what you think of it, and more importantly will it run
Pagemaker 4.0 and WordPerfect 2.0 under MultiFinder without crashing?
They both run fine for me under Finder, but under MF, it's just a
matter of time before I get the crash page, or the system just locks
up (that is, if I can even get either loaded up without crashing).

JT
Internet:			bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu
Bitnet:				help_jt@vax1.acs.jmu.edu

scale@abode.wciu.edu (Luis Outumuro) (02/18/91)

	Hi Brian,
		Yes, Spectre GCR 3.0 is shipping now to registered users.  I
know of several users who have recieved thiers just last week; keep your shorts
on, it's on the way!  [

					Luis

Luis Mark Outumuro III                |  "Well... you're damned if you do,
Computer Office Products 818/813-1051 |   and you're damned if you don't!"
Infoline                 818/813-1053 |         - Bart Simpson, 1990...

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb16.172505.10946@hub.cs.jmu.edu> bayers@hub.cs.jmu.edu
(brian ayers) writes:
> If you have received yours
> let me know what you think of it, and more importantly will it run
> Pagemaker 4.0 and WordPerfect 2.0 under MultiFinder without crashing?

 I got mine about a week and a half ago. I haven't played with it much
at all since I now have a MacII temporarily at home. All I can really
say is that it works :-)
 An odd thing, sometimes there is a quote from somewhere on the Spectre
background when you load the launch program. Sorta surprised me.

 I haven't tried PM4 since I just got that upgrade also but I'll try it
soon and let you know.

-> Internet: mjv@brownvm.brown.edu
"He had found the perfect TV mix, on Marvin's Hour of Power.
 (The show that put the FUN back into fundamentalist)."
   -- Neil Gaiman; Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of
     Agnes Nutter, Witch

Dave_Ninjajr_Flory@cup.portal.com (02/26/91)

re. problems with pagemaker and MF. I had the same kinds of problems using
a Mac II until a friend told me about changing the amount of application
memory allotted. Click on the file once to hilite and then press
Command-I and change the lower memory number to a higher value, like about
one meg for a program that shows 512K and you should improve your MF
behaviour. I know a lot of Mac folk that don't know about this.