[comp.sys.atari.st] small/st compat

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) (03/01/91)

Now there's an idea...Have gadgets come out with an atari tt compatible
with the 33 mhz, 12 megs, spectre gcr, and an IBM emulator built in. And
while he's at it, an Amiga emulator too. That would satisfy almost
the entire personal computer community! I'd buy it. especially if a
complete system with a 100 meg hard drive and a killer color monitor was
under $3000.
Dream on.

Steve <selick@bucsf.bu.edu>

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (03/01/91)

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:

- Now there's an idea...Have gadgets come out with an atari tt compatible
- with the 33 mhz, 12 megs, spectre gcr, and an IBM emulator built in. And
- while he's at it, an Amiga emulator too. That would satisfy almost
- the entire personal computer community! I'd buy it. especially if a
- complete system with a 100 meg hard drive and a killer color monitor was
- under $3000.

With apologies to John Lovitz, "Yeah, that's the ticket!"  :^)

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

nguyent@balboa.eng.uci.edu (Thien Nguyen) (03/02/91)

In article <75881@bu.edu.bu.edu> selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:
>Now there's an idea...Have gadgets come out with an atari tt compatible
>with the 33 mhz, 12 megs, spectre gcr, and an IBM emulator built in. And
>while he's at it, an Amiga emulator too. That would satisfy almost

You know, you can actually get that right now!  Just get an Amiga 2000 with
33 Mhz accelerator, Amax II, Atari ST emulator (even run two in different
windows) not TT though, and an IBM emulator.

You can probably get one with 105 Meg drive and about 5 megs of ram for
around $4000.