[comp.sys.atari.st] Oberon or Modula-3 for the Atari ST ?DIR

kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (03/03/91)

In article <11017@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, andy@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Andy Gray) writes:
> In article <91059.104102JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu> JFS10@psuvm.psu.edu (Jonathan Swaby) writes:
>>Are modula-3 or Oberon available for the Amiga? If so where can one
>>ftp them from?
> What about the Atari ST?  Is anyone aware of a Modula-3 or an Oberon
> compiler for the ST?
>       Andy Gray                     andy@jarthur.claremont.edu

Andy,
  I'm not sure why, but the Macintosh port of Oberon demands a 68020.  I d/led
it for my Mac+ (with 4MB) and was surprised that it wouldn't work there.  I went
and ran it on a Mac II (68020) at school, and it looks very interesting.  The
only problem seems to be the 68020.  Perhaps someone with Mr. Small's 68030
board could take a look at MacOberon, and see if it runs on that platform.  (As
an aside, I was also frustrated when I found out that MacOberon demands a
control key as well, so even if I got a 68030 accelerator for my Mac, I still
couldn't run it, as I don't have a control key...8(   )

  My ST COULD run it, I suppose, with Mr small's board....*sigh*...maybe he
OUGHT to consider the idea of bringing his own machine out, with the best of
both worlds.  At least, he could do no worse than these other companies...

| Ken Corey  aka... kenc@vaxb.acs.unt.edu                        |
|  "We MUST succeed, otherwise we run the risk of failure...."   |
|                            -Dan Quayle                         |