[comp.sys.atari.st] Term program for Mint that works for MGR

pbh@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Patrick B. Haggood) (02/25/91)

I posted a query a day ago requsting a commercial or pd program that works
with Mint.  I neglected to mention that it should also work with MGR.  Two
folks recommended term4.lzh, st-term, and uniterm.  I can get them to work
under GEM and TOS, but MGR hates 'em (even if I run vt52.prg before envoking
them).  Uniterm I didn't expect to work, because it's GEMish, but the other
two are vt52/vt100 programs.  Both just lock up (st-term also produced two
bombs).  I know MGR/Mint can work with the serial port, because I use
KA9Q to move files while editing/compiling OCCAM programs (yes, OCCAM) and
using Maple.

If it helps, I'm using a 1040 with 2.5 megs of RAM and a monchrome monitor.
--
Patrick B. Haggood
Wayne STate University

gjh@hplb.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (02/26/91)

++ I posted a query a day ago requsting a commercial or pd program that works
++ with Mint.  I neglected to mention that it should also work with MGR.  Two

I posted some comments (independently) on c.a.s.tech. on the subject of
mint/mgr and the rs232 port.

Graham
======

Graham Higgins             	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Hewlett-Packard Labs    	|  gjh%ghiggins@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gjh%ghiggins@hplb.hpl.hp.com
U.K.                          	|
Disclaimer: My opinions above are exactly that, mine and opinions.

7103_2622@uwovax.uwo.ca (Eric Smith) (02/27/91)

In article <1991Feb24.224138.3522@cs.wayne.edu>, pbh@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Patrick B. Haggood) writes:
> I posted a query a day ago requsting a commercial or pd program that works
> with Mint.  I neglected to mention that it should also work with MGR.  Two
> folks recommended term4.lzh, st-term, and uniterm.  I can get them to work
> under GEM and TOS, but MGR hates 'em (even if I run vt52.prg before envoking
> them).  Uniterm I didn't expect to work, because it's GEMish, but the other
> two are vt52/vt100 programs.  Both just lock up (st-term also produced two
> bombs).  I know MGR/Mint can work with the serial port, because I use
> KA9Q to move files while editing/compiling OCCAM programs (yes, OCCAM) and
> using Maple.

Try st52.zoo, in the "mint" directory on atari.archive. I haven't tried it
myself, but the author (entropy@ai.mit.edu) reports that it works under MGR.
(st52.zoo was just uploaded last night).
--
Eric R. Smith                     email:
Dept. of Mathematics            eric.smith@uwo.ca

In article <1991Feb24.224138.3522@cs.wayne.edu> pbh@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Patrick B. Haggood) writes:
>I posted a query a day ago requsting a commercial or pd program that works
>with Mint.  I neglected to mention that it should also work with MGR.  Two
>folks recommended term4.lzh, st-term, and uniterm.  I can get them to work
>under GEM and TOS, but MGR hates 'em (even if I run vt52.prg before envoking
>them).  Uniterm I didn't expect to work, because it's GEMish, but the other
>two are vt52/vt100 programs.  Both just lock up (st-term also produced two
>bombs).  I know MGR/Mint can work with the serial port, because I use
>KA9Q to move files while editing/compiling OCCAM programs (yes, OCCAM) and
>using Maple.
>
>If it helps, I'm using a 1040 with 2.5 megs of RAM and a monchrome monitor.

Ah, you should have mentioned MGR sooner. I wrote a small dumb-terminal program
for MiNT; it works fine with the vt52.prg supplied with MGR. I called it "tip"
and modeled it after the BSD tip program. I posted it a while back with my rmgr
sources, it oughta be on atari.archive.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Flame all you want - we'll take more.