[comp.sys.atari.st] above 19200

bart@bluemoon.uucp (Bart Jaszcz) (03/03/91)

This is a reply to whoever wanted to set the modem port speed above 19.2K

There is a program from a German developer called HSPD_232.ACC (file size
under 1K)  that does this for you.  It turns on the handshaking and sets
bps rate to 38400, 76800, or 153600 (the last setting is only possible
with an accelerator board installed - it says in the docs)
The programmer's name is G.Mester

In article <eRR8X1w163w@bluemoon.uucp> bart@bluemoon.uucp (Bart Jaszcz) writes:
>This is a reply to whoever wanted to set the modem port speed above 19.2K
>
>There is a program from a German developer called HSPD_232.ACC (file size
>under 1K)  that does this for you.  It turns on the handshaking and sets
>bps rate to 38400, 76800, or 153600 (the last setting is only possible
>with an accelerator board installed - it says in the docs)
>The programmer's name is G.Mester

I wonder how he's deciding that limit - CPU response time? The timer
values can be set for 307200. Other interesting values: 122880, 61440, 30720.
Not very useful, except maybe between two STs.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

Flame all you want - we'll take more.