[comp.sys.atari.st] Needing to get a colour monitor

orc@vpnet.chi.il.us (david parsons) (03/03/91)

I recently bought a copy of SimCity for the ST (having played it into
the ground on the PC, I just had to have it on a machine at home) and
discovered, to my intense dismay, that it requires a colour monitor.
Which, of course, I don't have.  However, I do have an Amiga, and it
has a colour monitor - sooo, have there been any attempts to attach
an Amiga A1080 (or whatever number it is - it's the one that was
inflicted on A1000 purchasers) colour monitor to a ST?

(It's moderately annoying - I've got monochrome ST monitors coming out
my *ears*, but of course most of the US games, including the tiny subset
that I play, can't even spell monochrome, much less use it...)

.david parsons

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (Ryan 'Gozar' Collins) (03/04/91)

In article <1991Mar02.200428.26323@vpnet.chi.il.us>, orc@vpnet.chi.il.us (david parsons) writes:
> I recently bought a copy of SimCity for the ST (having played it into
> the ground on the PC, I just had to have it on a machine at home) and
> discovered, to my intense dismay, that it requires a colour monitor.
> Which, of course, I don't have.  However, I do have an Amiga, and it
> has a colour monitor - sooo, have there been any attempts to attach
> an Amiga A1080 (or whatever number it is - it's the one that was
> inflicted on A1000 purchasers) colour monitor to a ST?

Well, I was in an Atari/Amiga/IBM store a few months ago, and they had this
A500 hooked up to a ST color monitor, so it must be possible, but I have no
idea how to do it!!

Ryan 'Gozar' Collins 	  Question for IBM Users:      rlcollins@miavx1.BITNET
  / || \  The Price!!	      Subdirectory?               R.COLLINS1 on GEnie