[comp.sys.atari.st] Windsor/Detroit Show this spring?

daroloso@watmath.waterloo.edu (Dani A. Roloson) (02/22/91)

Does anyone have details on the upcoming Windsor/Detroit Show this spring?

There seems to be quite a lack of publicity for a major show.

Dani Roloson
KWEST
Kitchener-Waterloo Eight Sixteen Thirty-two Atari User Group

darekm@microsoft.UUCP (Darek MIHOCKA) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb21.190120.1810@watmath.waterloo.edu> daroloso@watmath.waterloo.edu (Dani A. Roloson) writes:

>Does anyone have details on the upcoming Windsor/Detroit Show this spring?
>There seems to be quite a lack of publicity for a major show.
>
>Dani Roloson
>Kitchener-Waterloo Eight Sixteen Thirty-two Atari User Group

Dani, the Windsor show is a two day show, on the weekend of May 4 and 5.
Contact Pattie Rayl (of Atari Interface magazine) for more information
regarding booths, location etc. The booths are very reasonably prices
(much cheaper than most shows) and as you can guess, Branch Always will
be represented there by at least 3 people (including myself) for the
world premier of Quick ST 3.0. If Canada Customs lets me in the country. <grin>

For people that need to fly out, they have a 40% off special with
Northwest Airlines through Detroit, although I found that flying to
Toronto and then driving to Windsor is much cheaper, which is what I'll
be doing. I knew there was a good reason for having a weak Canadian dollar!

You should call Pattie at 313-973-8825 during reasonable hours.

- Darek

  Darek Mihocka     Quick ST 3 cometh!     All views expressed are my own.
  Branch Always Software, 14150 NE 20th St. Suite 302, Bellevue, WA  98007

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (03/04/91)

Just to expand on what Darek posted about the Windsor/Detroit Atarifest,
here's the "official" Press Release that was just, er.. released...

Atari Users' Groups in the U.S. should have already received an information
package detailing how they can arrange for a FREE booth at the show to
represent their group.  Canadian groups should be receiving the same info
as soon as the Canadian WAUG sends them out..  :)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- February 1991

Ann Arbor, MI/Windsor, Ontario, Canada -- The Windsor Atari Users Group of
Windsor, Ontario, Canada and the Washtenaw Atari Users Group of Ann Arbor, MI
are hosting the Windsor/Detroit International AtariFest on May 4-5, 1991
at the St. Clair College of Arts and Technology in Windsor. With support from
both Atari US and Atari Canada, the show promises to be a "must attend" event
for Atarians everywhere.

St. Clair College is conveniently located in Windsor, only minutes from the
Ambassador Bridge and Windsor International Airport. Hotel accomodations, car
rentals and a number of restaurants are also near the college. Regularly
scheduled flights are available from Toronto to Windsor, and charter flights
are available from Detroit Metro Airport.

Exhibitors already committed to exhibit at the show include:

Atari US                Atari Canada            Branch Always Software
Canoe Computer          Channel One Computer    Clear Thinking
DA Brumleve             Double Click Software   Fast Technology
Goldleaf Publishing     ICD Inc.                Innovative Concepts
ISD Marketing           Joppa Computer          Mainstream America
MegaType                Micro Creations         Musicode Software
Nice & Software         PDC Distributors        Phil Comeau Software
Talon Technology        Unicorn Publications    What's This?
Wiz Works

Many other developers, including GEnie, Soft-Logik Publishing, Gadgets by
Small, Michtron and CodeHead Software have indicated interest in exhibiting
at the show.

Show times are 10-6 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday. Tickets are only $4
Canadian per day at the door, and children under 12 will be admitted free
of charge when accompanied by an adult. Door prize drawings and
seminars will be held throughout both days.

Advance tickets can be purchased for $3 Canadian (or equivalent US exchange
rate) by sending check or money order to Windsor/Detroit International
AtariFest, 3487 Braeburn Circle, Ann Arbor, MI 48108.

For attendees flying in for the show, Northwest Airlines is offering 40%
off round trip coach airfares and 5% savings on other applicable round
trip fares. Canadian attendees can save from 25 to 40% on coach fares. Call
1-800-328-1111 for reservations. The "profile number" for the discount
airfares is 03257. Northwest Airlines is the official airline of the
Windsor/Detroit International AtariFest.

Special show discounts on car and truck rentals is available from Budget
Rental, the official car rental company for the show. Low convention rates
are available on everything from Ford Escorts to Lincoln Town Cars. To
make your reservation, call 1-800-333-8840, identify yourself as an attendee
of the show and give them the "rate code" of CNVNR1.

For more information on the show, contact Craig Harvey, President of WAUG -
Ann Arbor at (313) 994-5619 or Brian Cassidy, President of WAUG - Windsor at
(519) 966-0305. Developers interested in obtaining booth space at the show
should contact Pattie Rayl at (313) 973-8825 ASAP.