[comp.sys.atari.st] reset

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (03/04/91)

In February, a program called RESET appeared on the net.
It allows the user the choice of a warm or cold reboot from the
keyboard.  I could see some use for this, and so I tried it.

Sadly, it does not work on my system, and I wonder if anyone else
has tried it out and found it to not work on their system too.
Just for the record, "tosvers" by Rainer Klute shows

	TOS    version: 1.2  (22.04.1987, "BLiTTER TOS")
	GEMDOS version: 0.19
	AES    version: 1.32

What has your experience been with "RESET.TOS"?

--
Prof L.J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu

chuck@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (charles bridgeland) (03/04/91)

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:

>In February, a program called RESET appeared on the net.
>It allows the user the choice of a warm or cold reboot from the
>keyboard.  I could see some use for this, and so I tried it.
chuck bridgeland---anarchoRepublican
	--don't forget, we surround _them_, not the other way around"
chuck@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu     hire me so I can quit this pit.

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (03/04/91)

In article <1991Mar4.055931.10204@watmath.waterloo.edu>, ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
>In February, a program called RESET appeared on the net.
>It allows the user the choice of a warm or cold reboot from the
>keyboard.  I could see some use for this, and so I tried it.
>
>Sadly, it does not work on my system, and I wonder if anyone else
>has tried it out and found it to not work on their system too.

I tried to use this program also, but it is not very stable.  I would
recommend purchasing Universal Item Selector III, as it provides this
feature, and seems to work about 99% of the time.  Heck, this program
is a must have anyway.  It can be had for about $15, worth every penny.
I also have TOS 1.2 by the way, and the keyboard reset from UIS3 works
fine.

--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "It's amazing how much growing up