[comp.sys.atari.st] background zmodem u/dload

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) (02/18/91)

I have been looking for a program to do background upload/downloading of
zmodem. Does this exist? Is there one that works easily with uniterm?
-steve

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (02/19/91)

selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:

- I have been looking for a program to do background
- upload/downloading of zmodem. Does this exist? Is there one that
- works easily with uniterm?

I'm interested in this as well.  Eric Rosenquist has been working on
Zmodem protocol for STalker, the do-everything-in-the-background
terminal program, but he says that Zmodem requires tight code
(actually, there's a better technical term for it that I can't
remember) and that makes it difficult to implement in the background.

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

rosenqui@crc.skl.dnd.ca (Eric Rosenquist) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.043836.15352@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>selick@bucsf.bu.edu (Steven Selick) writes:
>
>- I have been looking for a program to do background
>- upload/downloading of zmodem. Does this exist? Is there one that
>- works easily with uniterm?
>
>I'm interested in this as well.  Eric Rosenquist has been working on
>Zmodem protocol for STalker, the do-everything-in-the-background
>terminal program, but he says that Zmodem requires tight code
>(actually, there's a better technical term for it that I can't
>remember) and that makes it difficult to implement in the background.

The download part of it is done already, complete with all of the
ZModem management options and creation of missing subdirectories.
Uploading still needs some work though.

Eric

yonder@netcom.COM (Christopher Russell) (03/01/91)

So, when will that new version of Stalker be available?  I am interested in 	the Stalker/Steno package?  I've been holding out for the new version that
should support Z-modem, etc.

          ....yonder@netcom.com

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (03/02/91)

yonder@netcom.COM (Christopher Russell) writes:

- So, when will that new version of Stalker be available?  I am
- interested in     the Stalker/Steno package?  I've been holding out
- for the new version that should support Z-modem, etc.

Eric told me it's still going to be a couple of months.  I highly
recommend you get STalker/STeno now and don't wait.  You can upgrade
later.

--

rosenqui@crc.skl.dnd.ca (Eric Rosenquist) (03/02/91)

In article <26282@netcom.COM> yonder@netcom.COM (Christopher Russell) writes:
>So, when will that new version of Stalker be available?  I am interested in 	the Stalker/Steno package?  I've been holding out for the new version that
>should support Z-modem, etc.

Probably a couple of months - I'll post something to the net when it
is ready.

Eric

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar01.183213.15690@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:

>Eric told me it's still going to be a couple of months.  I highly
>recommend you get STalker/STeno now and don't wait.  You can upgrade
>later.

Where, how and how much... to get STalker/STeno??????????????

				Jartsu

	*** Jari Lehto, jartsu@otax.hut.fi, s37837k@saha.hut.fi ***

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Mar4.170124.1834@santra.uucp> s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) writes:
>In article <1991Mar01.183213.15690@ecst.csuchico.edu> ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
>>
>>Eric told me it's still going to be a couple of months.  I highly
>>recommend you get STalker/STeno now and don't wait.  You can upgrade
>>later.
>
>Where, how and how much... to get STalker/STeno??????????????

Where?  I got mine at my local dealer for $17.  This was more than a year ago.
The package retails for $30.  Yes, for BOTH programs. :^)

You can get it directly from Strata Software, but I don't have the address
with me as I'm not at home.  (I should carry such info in my wallet, right?) :^)
Eric Rosenquist, or someone else, should have the address.  Mail order
houses should have STalker/STeno too.