[comp.sys.atari.st] Air Warrior

cmm1@CUNIXB.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (06/05/89)

Anybody have any experience playing Air Warrior on GEnie?  I just started
playing the other day and I really could use some tips.  Also, I'd like to
use the custom artwork and digital sound, but the instructions for doing
so are sparse.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Mauritz
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (03/10/91)

In article <3699@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> 4171ay@gmuvax.gmu.edu writes:
>A friend of mine is looking for GEnie's "Air Warrior" World War 2 combat
>simulator (version 2.0B).  Apparently Current Notes disk #520 contains
>the program, but neither he nor I have access to this the Current Notes
>library (he'd prefer to avoid mail-order, if at all possible).  Does
>anyone have a copy they could upload and send to either him or me, or
>perhaps post to atari.archive so he could simply FTP it?  Thanks in
>advance for any help!

Um, why not get it from GEnie?  I am assuming that your friend
has a GEnie account?  If not, don't bother getting the program.
It is quite useless unless you are connected to GEnie.  It
will work, but none of the weapons work so you will not
be able to shoot or do practise bombing runs.

And yes, I was once an Air Warrior fanatic. :-)  I think
that was the only program I used on my ST with any
regularity besides UniTerm.

I urge caution, the game is VERY addictive and quite expensive
to master.  You'll spend hundreds of dollars online to get to
the point where you don't get shot down every 5 minutes. :-)

Cheers,

Chris

p.s.  How 'bout that Atari stock, eh? :-)  (couldn't resist)hehe...

Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |