[comp.sys.atari.st] Application switcher: Info Wanted

redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) (03/09/91)

Are there any reliable PD application switchers out there ?
I want to be able to have two application (or maybe more) in memory
simultaneously, so I can instantly switch between them.
Multitasking/Time slicing etc. is completely unnecessary.
Failing on PD ones, any good commercial ones ?

Any details would be appreciated.  Thanks,
                                              Red/.

boyd@open.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (03/09/91)

In article <1991Mar8.203712.29148@cs.cmu.edu>, redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
>Are there any reliable PD application switchers out there ?
>I want to be able to have two application (or maybe more) in memory
>simultaneously, so I can instantly switch between them.
>Multitasking/Time slicing etc. is completely unnecessary.
>Failing on PD ones, any good commercial ones ?
>
>Any details would be appreciated.  Thanks,
>                                              Red/.

Revolver is the only product that I know of that does this reliably.
I have see it in action, and it is quite impressive.  I was not able
to make it crash (but I didn't try REALLY hard).  I think it costs about
$30, worth it.

--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "It's amazing how much growing up

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (03/09/91)

boyd@open.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) writes:

- Revolver is the only product that I know of that does this reliably.
- I have see it in action, and it is quite impressive.  I was not able
- to make it crash (but I didn't try REALLY hard).  I think it costs about
- $30, worth it.

And it doesn't work with Rainbow TOS.  Dunno about TOS 1.2 though.
There's also Juggler, Softlink (which comes with Notator), and
Switcher which is a bare-bones -- and I mean BARE-BONES :^) --
task-switcher.

--
         Ed Krimen  ...............................................
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
   |||   INTERNET: ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu  FREENET: al661
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261        FIDONET: 1:119/4.0

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (03/11/91)

Followup-To:world
Sender: Roger.Sheppard@actrix.gen.nz (Roger Sheppard)
Comment-To: boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 91 13:08:01 GMT

In article <1991Mar9.005119.29354@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu writes:
> In article <1991Mar8.203712.29148@cs.cmu.edu>, redmond+@cs.cmu.edu (Redmond English) writes:
> >Are there any reliable PD application switchers out there ?
> >I want to be able to have two application (or maybe more) in memory
> >simultaneously, so I can instantly switch between them.
> >Multitasking/Time slicing etc. is completely unnecessary.
> >Failing on PD ones, any good commercial ones ?
> >
> >Any details would be appreciated.  Thanks,
> >                                              Red/.
> Revolver is the only product that I know of that does this reliably.
> I have see it in action, and it is quite impressive.  I was not able
> to make it crash (but I didn't try REALLY hard).  I think it costs about
> $30, worth it.
>              Mickey R. Boyd          |  "It's amazing how much growing up
>           FSU Computer Science       |      resembles being too tired."
>         Technical Support Group      |
>       email:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu  |                  - Heinlein

Try a French program called Twist, by HiSoft of the U.K....
--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...