[comp.sys.atari.st] uk.ac.lancs.pdsoft

leilabd@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Leila Burrell-Davis) (03/12/91)

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) writes:
> Is lancs.pdsoft a PD disk distributor or an ftp site?  It's probably the
> former, but there's always the chance that it's the latter. :^)

lancs.pdsoft is the location of the UK academic community's National
Public Domain Software Archive. Unfortunately, we don't run Internet
protocols on Janet (the UK Joint Academic NETwork), so FTP is not
available and access to the archive is only available to sites on
Janet.

However, much (possibly most) of the software available there is
obtained from Usenet and from FTP sites, and can easily be obtained
elsewhere if you have FTP access.

Leila
--
Leila Burrell-Davis, Computing Service, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Tel:   +44 273 678390              Fax:   +44 273 678470