[comp.sys.atari.st] Need GEM to Mac Translators

jf@ap.co.umist.ac.uk (John Forrest) (03/11/91)

I've put this out before, but with no success, so here goes
again. Due to changes in machines we are after translators from
some Atari (IBM too I suppose) formats to Mac equivalents.
Strictly speaking, we are after:

- GemDraw (or EasyDraw) -> MacDraw (PICT)
- FirstWord+ -> Word

However, quite frankly the translation of any of these Atari/IBM
formats to any Mac formats would be useful. I'd prefer to use
something cheap/free, but if there are commercial tools, I'd be
interested in these too.

Please E-mail me if you have any suggestions - I don't read all
the groups I've trawled this to.

John Forrest
Dept of Computation
UMIST

leilabd@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Leila Burrell-Davis) (03/12/91)

jf@ap.co.umist.ac.uk (John Forrest) writes:
> I've put this out before, but with no success, so here goes
> again. Due to changes in machines we are after translators from
> some Atari (IBM too I suppose) formats to Mac equivalents.
> Strictly speaking, we are after:
>
> - GemDraw (or EasyDraw) -> MacDraw (PICT)
> - FirstWord+ -> Word

A document detailing the structure of Wordplus files is available
from Electric Software (the UK distributors and authors of
Wordplus). The structure of Microsoft Rich Text Format files
(understood by Word for DOS v5, Word for the Mac and Word for
Windows) is described in the Microsoft Word for Windows Technical
Reference Manual (and probably elsewhere as well). Armed with these,
it should be possible to write a translator, though I don't see
myself doing it in the foreseeable future. Any offers?

Leila
--
Leila Burrell-Davis, Computing Service, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Tel:   +44 273 678390              Fax:   +44 273 678470