[comp.sys.atari.st] The Guy Smoking The Pipe

DJOHNSON@MSU.BITNET ("David_A.Johnson") (03/12/91)

Okay, now...  Here's a more lighthearted (but certainly _not_ unimportant)
topic for discussion:

I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the four characters within the ST
character set which, when arranged properly, create the image of a gentleman
smoking a pipe (and liking it, apparently--he's smiling).  I've heard that the
guys at Atari gave this figure a name when they designed the ST.  My question
is this:  Does anyone know the name of the The Guy Smoking The Pipe?

David Johnson                                       djohnson@ibm.cl.msu.edu

bud@ms.uky.edu (William K Glunt) (03/12/91)

In article <9103120348.AA10290@lilac.berkeley.edu> DJOHNSON@MSU.BITNET ("David_A.Johnson") writes:
>Okay, now...  Here's a more lighthearted (but certainly _not_ unimportant)
>topic for discussion:
>
>I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the four characters within the ST
>character set which, when arranged properly, create the image of a gentleman
>smoking a pipe (and liking it, apparently--he's smiling).  I've heard that the
>guys at Atari gave this figure a name when they designed the ST.  My question
>is this:  Does anyone know the name of the The Guy Smoking The Pipe?

 The guy with the pipe is J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.  Run down to
your local bookstore and find _The book of the Subgenius_
and _Three fisted tales of "Bob"_ for more info.

Seems like some of the folks at Atari had Slack way back.

Bud

--
Dr. William K Glunt     | Are you ABNORMAL?
Heh heh nice ring to it!| Then you are probably better than most people!