[comp.sys.atari.st] Hot memory and cooling advice

pbh@jake.cc.wayne.edu (Patrick Haggood) (03/14/91)

>Article 21486 of comp.sys.atari.st:
>From: Bill_Moore@mindlink.UUCP (Bill Moore)
>Subject: Help! Hot memory?

> (Bill writes of an overheating problem >

I haven't had an overheating problem yet, but I have noticed that since
I upgraded my 1040 the top left side of the vented area feels extremely
hot after running for an hour or so.  Can anyone recommend a fan that
uses it's own power supply that can sit on top of the vented area and
cool the ST?  My hard drive is already loud enough so a quiet one would
be most desired, but I'll take what I can get.  Please include model
number and source.

About two weeks ago someone mentioned a muffin fan and left the price
model number and the 800 number of the company.  I called them but they
were out of stock.

--
Patrick B. Haggood
Wayne STate University