[comp.sys.atari.st] looking for ST version of DEC's EDT editor

scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) (03/13/91)

Anyone know if there's an ST clone of Digital's EDT editor (standard editor
in VMS)?  Don't like Emacs, and don't mind vi too much, but I LIKE EDT.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Steve "Stevers!" Coile
scoile@gmuvax[{.BITNET|[2].gmu.edu}]|2211c1@gmuvax2.gmu.edu
"Maturity is knowing when and where to act immature"

cae@sdfvm1.vnet.ibm.com ("Cornelius Caesar") (03/13/91)

scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) writes:
>Anyone know if there's an ST clone of Digital's EDT editor (standard editor
>in VMS)?  Don't like Emacs, and don't mind vi too much, but I LIKE EDT.
>...                                                                 |
                                                               why? :-)

>...                                          scoile@....@gmuvax2.gmu.edu

Have a look at binaries/volume7/stedt part01,...,part14 in the
panarthea archive. (It's always good to search the archives first...)

   Cornelius

gilliam@lowlif.dec.com (03/16/91)

In article <3766@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>, scoile@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Steve Coile) writes...
>Anyone know if there's an ST clone of Digital's EDT editor (standard editor
>in VMS)?  Don't like Emacs, and don't mind vi too much, but I LIKE EDT.

It's called SEDT. I think the latest Atari version is v4.0 edit 272. It's
shareware and comes with GEM and TTP versions.

---
M. Gilliam
		(INTERNET,UUCP) gilliam@star.enet.dec.com
		(UUCP)		...!decwrl!star.enet!gilliam