[comp.sys.atari.st] Midimaze 2

elev35@castle.ed.ac.uk (R C Smith) (03/07/91)

Has anyone got English documentation for midimaze 2 I would like to try
this out but I can't read German!!!!

Robin

elev35@uk.ac.ed.castle

wilsont@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Timothy E. Wilson) (03/09/91)

I've found that hitting "s"..drat.. i forgot wether its alt, ctrl or no function key that will put it into "solo mode" then hitting return a few times will put you into the game. just press every key and wait a sec.. and you can get more "powers" like speed and keys and walking through walls. but they have to be set on the long list that you pass by. well.. its too wierd to explain (cuz its only what i deciphered) but it will get you playing at least!
 hope it kinda helps..

Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com (03/09/91)

Robin Smith asked:
>Has anyone got English documentation for midimaze 2 I would like to try
>this out but I can't read German!!!!

Atari Interface magazine has been working on getting an English translation
of the documentation for MidiMaze II so they can include the game on
their disk-of-the-month...  hopefully to be available soon..

Meanwhile there is a program called GER2ENG which will translate about
50% of the text, although with sometimes funny results..
"Squeeze any key to continue..."

With that headstart, you can get most of the game working... although we
still haven't been able to get a 1-player mode going..

Unfortunately I don't have ftp access to atari.archive, but it's likely
the translation program is there somewhere...

BobR

goluska@mike.egr.msu.edu (Che Goluska) (03/10/91)

Alt-S will get you into solo mode from the title screen, although it's much more fun with
more players.  On the play screen (the one with all the lines of gibberish before you
actually get to play) you get to set the options for the game--which options you want accessible
during the game.  F1-F4 will give you some preset options.  A 'k' under an option letter means
you can get that option during gameplay when you have enough money to buy it.  An 'm' under
an option means you can get that option anytime during gameplay just by selecting it (the
superman option, F2 I think, gives you all m's).  Then it is just a matter of pressing the key
for whatever option you want while you play.  Most of the options are more or less easy to
decipher, although the map took me a while (press F2 to select option two, and THEN hit the
spacebar to go back and forth to the map).  I'm trying to get some friends to translate the
docs for me.  If I do, I'll post them and upld them to archive.

       * * *    Che Goluska                                         * * *
       * * *    goluska@frith.egr.msu.edu                           * * *
       * * *    goluska@galaxy.cps.msu.edu                          * * *
      *  *  *   "Don't be so proud.  You're not an intelligence    *  *  *
     *   *   *   until you pass the turing test."                 *   *   *
   *     *     *       -Solomon Short                           *     *     *

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (03/11/91)

Someone has asked for a translation of the MidiMaze manual.
There is a rumor that it will be on some disk or other.  But
there is at least one independent effort to provide a good,
solid translation in english by someone in KWEST, the Atari
Club in Kitchener-Waterloo.  It will almost certainly be
published in electronic form when it is ready.

--
Prof L.J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu

cgjxt@ux1.cts.eiu.edu (Joe Taitt) (03/12/91)

where can someone obtain a copy of midimaze 2?  I am a big fan of the first
version and would like information on where can I order this second version.

Taitt

goluska@lima.egr.msu.edu (Che Goluska) (03/12/91)

In article <39966@cup.portal.com>, Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com writes:
|> ...deleted...
|>
|> Meanwhile there is a program called GER2ENG which will translate about
|> 50% of the text, although with sometimes funny results..
|> "Squeeze any key to continue..."

Some of the funny results may be because (at least in what I have) some of the letters seem to
be missing from some words.  (I know a few people that understand a little German).

johnb@churchy.ai.mit.edu (John Bunch) (03/17/91)

In article <39966@cup.portal.com>, Bob_BobR_Retelle@cup.portal.com writes:
|> ...deleted...
|>
|> Meanwhile there is a program called GER2ENG which will translate about
|> 50% of the text, although with sometimes funny results..
|> "Squeeze any key to continue..."

Where can one get this program???  I would love to try it on some of
the german texts I have...  I think it would be a good one to post to
comp.binaries.atari.st.  Does anyone else aggree with me?

John
*        John Bunch       * 610 Morris St. * To be filled with a nifty *
* johnb@albert.ai.mit.edu * Albany,NY      * quote at a later date...  *
*                         * 12208          *                           *