[comp.sys.atari.st] CAD 3-D fonts

drp9500@isc.rit.edu (D.R. Paradis ) (03/18/91)

  I need help!!!!!!!!

   I am using my ST and CAD-3D to generated an animation that is for a
school project.  The animation NEEDS to have animated text!

  I do not have Cyberpaint, and I cannot do this in DEGAS...it MUST be
in 3D!!

  I have scanned the ENTIRE GeNIE libraries and just about every FTP
site I can find to get ahold of a font for CAD-3D.

   If ANYONE of you have a font, or know of where I can get one PLEASE
let me know!!!!

   I tried making one and it looked like shit....

Again, this is for a school animation project and I am running out of
time....please help....

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies
Subject: Re: A good reason to avoid Blockbuster

  The reason that I hate them is thus....

   I work at a video store during the summer called Movies Unlimited.
They are a 5 store chain based in Philadelphia.  While I was working
there (before I started college) word got out that Blockbuster was
coming to the Philly area, but we didn't know where.  We found out.
Right across the street!
  They opened Christmas day!

[flaws begin]

   They (blockbuster) say they have over 10,000 movies.......
     reality- if they have 50 copies of BTTF3 then that is 50 movies,
etc...

   M.U.: (the store I worked at) carries aprox. 19,000 TITLES!!!
     (if we have 20 copies of a movie it counts as ONE TITLE!!)
     ( the catalog has over 23,000 TITLES!! see pg 127 of April
Premiere mag)

  The staff at BB doesn't know sh*t about movies!!!
    I asked them for movies that I KNOW were available and that M.U.
carried, they (BB) were clueless!!
    (we did spying on them to see what danger we were in....NONE!)

When BB first came in, we did see a drop in new members.  About a month
later we saw an INCREASE in new members.  BB does mass mailings to
canvas the neighbourhood.  People would come to see BB and then notice
across the street and see us and come in and join.

MU runs it like this....
     membership is $19.95
       you get...

             4 free 2 night rentals
             free catalogs (reg & adult)
             rental freebie card (stamped for each title paid for
reguardless of when returned)
             10% discount on ALL purchases (blank tapes, vids or LDs)

             a VERY movie-wise staff
             and free popcorn

in other words...........

    IT'S A REAL VIDEO STORE!!!!!

*    Just because I'm a film major        |      < Net-address >       *
* doesn't mean I'm a Spielber-wanna-be....|                            *
*       I'm a Lynch-wanna-be!             |  drp9500@ultb.isc.rit.edu  *