[comp.sys.atari.st] Calamus

FCTY7284@RYERSON.BITNET (Peter Hiscocks) (02/10/89)

A buddy of mine, a very meticulous typesetter named Bob, not a computer whiz,
 had always been pretty distainful of desktop publishing quality, and the kinds
 of limitations that the Mac and IBM programs have. Then he saw Calamus and
on the strength of a couple of demos, went out and bought a complete Mega4 syst
em with hard disc and SLM804 laser printer.
He has very little interest (at least at present) in doing anything with the
system except DTP, but after a couple of weeks with the system, his work was
truly amazing. And for a 300DPI laser printer, he is very happy with the
quality of the print.
Now, if there were just some way of interfacing the Mega to his Compugraphic
photo typesetting machines....
Peter

Remember, its the bottom percentiles that make the top percentiles possible...

HEIMBIG@WSUVM1.BITNET (Bruce Heimbigner) (03/14/89)

A review of Calamus in Sept Personal Publishing stated that Calamus can
use 2 monitors at the same time.  Is this right?  I've seen such things
with Mac II's but on the ST?  If it is so can one be a monochrome and the
other color?

Calamus has been advertized for months in STart but I don't think it has
actually been available.  Is there any one out there who has actually used
it?   Any problems?  Does it bomb out the way PageStream does?  how does
it compare with PageStream (or other ST pub)?

I am very interested in a page layout program.  WordUp and EasyDraw are
great programs which I own and use constantly but are falling short of my
my current need for page layout, so I'm look for something to augment them.

Bye
 Bruce Heimbigner
Email:                    Snail mail:
 HEIMBIG@WSUVM1.bitnet      N.W. 324 True Street
OR                          Pullman WA 99163-3347 (USA)
----"It's all very well in practice,
        but in theory it just doesn't work."

arneso@IFI.UIO.NO (11/28/89)

Where can I get hold of PD fonts for Calamus?

arneso@ifi.uio.no -  Arne Sommer                    "Powder to the People"

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (11/29/89)

In article <8911281401.AA08045@valfar.uio.no>, arneso@IFI.UIO.NO writes:

> Where can I get hold of PD fonts for Calamus?

live in the US).

The cheapest way is to buy them from CURRENT NOTES magazine. Or some other
pd disk company.

Rich Covert

jwalsh@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (John Lawrence Walsh) (03/18/91)

	Does Calamus have the ability to print to HP laser printers, in
	particular the HP 2 and can it support .dvi files, or postscript??

	Any help whould be greatly appreciated.

			John Walsh