[comp.sys.atari.st] Prolog for the st? / toyprolog doc

SNYDERS@process.com (John Snyders) (03/12/91)

Does anyone know of a "real" prolog for the ST.

I have xprolog and it does not work too well. (errors and not well documented)

I also have toyprolog and it seems to work well but the docs are in German.
Does anyone have translated toyprolog docs? If so could you email them to me,
or let me know where they are.

Thanks. Sorry if this got posted twice.

csc23042@sumax.seattleu.edu (Dave Jorgan) (03/12/91)

In article <27756@dime.cs.umass.edu> SNYDERS@process.com (John Snyders) writes:
>Does anyone know of a "real" prolog for the ST.
>
>I have xprolog and it does not work too well. (errors and not well documented)
>
>I also have toyprolog and it seems to work well but the docs are in German.
>Does anyone have translated toyprolog docs? If so could you email them to me,
>or let me know where they are.
>
>Thanks. Sorry if this got posted twice.

Didn't OSS make a prolog for the ST way back when? Don't know how good it was,
but Bill Wilkinson, the man at OSS, was very high on Prolog back in the days
of the ST's birth. Maybe ICD, who has most of the OSS products now, still
makes it.

Dave Jorgan

klamer@mi.eltn.utwente.nl (Klamer Schutte) (03/19/91)

When you care about execution speed, you don't want toy prolog.
It is ssssssoooooo sssssslllllloooowwwww (get it ;-)

I prefered xprolog over toy prolog (10+ times faster).
But don't call not-existing predicates!

Now i use SALIX prolog. It is a commercial (approx. DM 200)
package from germany. Its fast and reasonably bug resitant.
The gem interface is nice (It is in prolog and no to slow).

Klamer

(Disclaimer: I am not connected to SALIX. Just a happy user).

--
Klamer Schutte
Faculty of electrical engineering -- University of Twente, The Netherlands