[comp.sys.atari.st] Problems unpacking Gemini1.2

mike@abekrd.co.uk (Mike Quinn) (03/21/91)

			  * I need help *

I have encountered a problem unpacking Gemini 1.2. It comes as three 'self-
extracting LHarc archives as well as LHARC.TTP. Hah, thought I - no problem
I'll just use the self extracting archives.

			*Big-time Mistake*

I tried to run GMNI12_3.TOS, which created its own directory and put
CHAMELEON.PRG in it, it created another directory and another and ...  It
looks to me like one of those self-addressing directories, because it comes
back to the directory with Chameleon in it.

So when you unpack Gemini 1.2, use the LHARC.TTP supplied, _don't_ use the
self-extraction mis-feature.

Now, how do I get rid of my screwed up directory, it says that it contains
a write-protected file, but it's empty. Do I have to reformat the partition?

All help will be gratefully received!

Mike Quinn.		    Abekas Video Systems Ltd. Reading. United Kingdom.
net:  mike@abekrd.co.uk			UUCP: ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!abekrd!mike

	He is BOB, eager for fun. He wears a smile, everybody run.

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (03/22/91)

In <1991Mar21.151807.23964@abekrd.co.uk> mike@abekrd.co.uk (Mike Quinn) writes:

>			  * I need help *

>I have encountered a problem unpacking Gemini 1.2. It comes as three 'self-
>extracting LHarc archives as well as LHARC.TTP. Hah, thought I - no problem
>I'll just use the self extracting archives.

>			*Big-time Mistake*

>I tried to run GMNI12_3.TOS, which created its own directory and put...

	It worked FINE when I used it, and an excellent program indeed!

BTW, I ran GMNI12_1.TOS, GMNI12_2.TOS, then GMNI12_3.TOS (ie. numeric order).
The documentation didn't specify a correct order, but this worked!

Warwick.

ps. Get GEMINI, Send them the Shareware Fee - IT IS EXCELLENT!
--
  _--_|\   	warwick@cs.uq.oz.au
 /      *  <--	Computer Science Department,