[comp.sys.atari.st] Modula-2 compiler

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (03/25/91)

vsnyder@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Van Snyder) writes:

>Is there any decent Modula-2 vendor for the ST, even if not supporting the old
>TDI compiler and library?  That is, providing a library with complete AES,
>VDI, GEMDOS, BIOS, LineA and XBIOS interfaces?

Try FTL Modula-2 (from HiSoft I believe), it comes with full interfaces
to AES VDI GEMDOS BIOS XBIOS LINEA, plus heaps of other libraries, plus
most standard modules (InOut, Streams, etc.)

Better still, FULL SOURCES are supplied (*.DEF, *.MOD, *.ASM) to
these modules.  That's right - you can interface to .ASM files too.

It produces FAST, small code, and comes with tools such as a trimmer
to reduce program size, symbolic (source-level) debugger, and heaps of
other stuff.

I have written HEAPS of modules for FTL, and anyone who wants them is
quite welcome.  Here is a list of some:

Joystick Interface.  (with eg. VAR Stick:ARRAY [0..1] OF JoystickDirection)
Direct Mouse.  (add your own mouse handler easily)
Form Windows.  (Super High-Level interface to Windows, Dialogs, Menus, etc.)
Run Support.   (Provides "PROCEDURE UponProgramTermination(Do:PROC)")
Screens.  (Supports multiple screens, and loading DEGAS images)
Sprites.  (Supports arbitrary sprites (8 16x16 colour sprites at 60Hz!)
Block Maps.  (Low-level ASM routines allowing simple plan-view games)
Random Numbers.   (See - I have some simple stuff too!)

Plus heaps of other stuff.  I have also a list of minor bugs in the library
sources (well, at least bugs in my somewhat old release - they may be gone now).

e-mail away!

Warwick.
ps. STrabble used the Form Windows modules.
--
  _--_|\   	warwick@cs.uq.oz.au
 /      *  <--	Computer Science Department,