[comp.sys.atari.st] Genealogy programs for the ST

ret@rti.rti.org (Raymond Thomas) (03/27/91)

I have seen at least two commercial genealogy programs written
for the ST, but havn't yet seen any reviews on them. Before
rushing out and beta testing them myself I would be interested
in hearing peoples experiences with genealogy on the ST.
Specifically, what programs they have used, and how they liked
them.

This may have been discussed before. If so I would be happy
to receive e-mail.

thanks,
ray thomas
ret@rti.rti.org

hojo@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (HC Johnson) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar26.223141.10238@rti.rti.org>, ret@rti.rti.org (Raymond Thomas) writes:
> I have seen at least two commercial genealogy programs written
> for the ST, but havn't yet seen any reviews on them. Before
> rushing out and beta testing them myself I would be interested
> in hearing peoples experiences with genealogy on the ST.
> Specifically, what programs they have used, and how they liked
> them.

My 0.02 worth.  I looked into this last year.  The ST versions are not very
nice, at least compared with MAC and MS/DOS.

The Best for the buck is PAF from the Mormons.  MAC and MS/Dos for $39 each.

Mac ones run well on Spectre 128.

Ms/Dos ones run adequately on PC-Ditto (software emulator), and very well
on the hardware emulators.

Howard Johnson
ATT BELL LABS
att!lzsc!hcj