[comp.sys.atari.st] Closing Windows

jan@janhh.hanse.de (Jan Willamowius) (03/26/91)

Dear netlanders,

every once in an while I had the problem that a window wouldn't
respond the first time I clicked eg. the closer. I figured it was
a rare bug burried in GEM.

But now I always have this problem with a program that I wrote myself.
I found out that this only happens when I turn off the menu (using
menu_bar(...,1)) while the user can work with he window. Turning
the menu off an d on isn't the usual thing to do, but as far as I know
there is nothing in the developers docs that says that I'm not allowed
to use menu_bar during the program.

So the question is, if there is any way around this problem that one
has to click twice to close the window ? Do other people have this, too ?

I also tried to turn off the menu by using menu_ienable on all the
menu titles, but as soon as I move the mouse on the still selected, but
disabled title I get garbage on the screen.

Any ideas ?

- Jan

--
Jan Willamowius      E-Mail: jan@janhh.hanse.de
Nienredder 6

shawl@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/27/91)

> every once in an while I had the problem that a window wouldn't
> respond the first time I clicked eg. the closer. I figured it was
> a rare bug burried in GEM.
>

> So the question is, if there is any way around this problem that one
> has to click twice to close the window ? Do other people have this, too ?

I have the problem when I use VIP PROFESSIONAL;  I just keep clicking until
it closes!!

Steve Shawl

elmar@lut.ac.uk (Mohammad A. Rahin) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar26.120552.29295@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> shawl@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>> every once in an while I had the problem that a window wouldn't
>> respond the first time I clicked eg. the closer. I figured it was
>> a rare bug burried in GEM.
>>

>> So the question is, if there is any way around this problem that one
>> has to click twice to close the window ? Do other people have this, too ?
>>

>I have the problem when I use VIP PROFESSIONAL;  I just keep clicking until
>it closes!!
>
>Steve Shawl

Propsero Pascal gives similar problem. I rather use  'close file' option from
the file menu. I've notified Prospero about the matter quite long ago and they
have not solved it in their latter versions.

Rahin