[comp.sys.atari.st] Response to Mr. Choi re: Notebook machines

csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) (03/29/91)

trh@atari.UUCP (T R Hall) writes:

>	Otherwise, why not be a reasonable human being, and make CONSTRUCTIVE
>criticism, based on (gasp!) actual knowledge?  This does NOT mean "say only
>nice things", be as critical as you like, but do so to try to improve the
>product.

You asked for it, you get it: I'd like to have an external mouse port
for the ST Notebook. At CeBIT, I was told that there would be none.
I don't vote for a mouse bundled with the notebook; I've been told
that mice are real power-hungry. But there should at least be the option.
The reason I ask for this is that most people that were allowed to
have a little hands-on practice with the ST Notebook didn't like the
mouse replacement gadget very much (well, at least most of the people
I talked to at CeBIT, including many developpers).

I think you've done a tremendous job with the ST Notebook as far as
I can tell from what I know now. My first reaction was: "Can I take
it with me right now?" I've fallen in love with this machine at the
very first sight.

The PAD prototype, however, appeared to be unstable at CeBIT. It didn't
recognize a single letter I wrote. I was told that this was due to electrostatic
charge or something, but well...

Let me express that I am very pleased with the way things are going now
@atari. Keep it up.

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Claus Brod@wue.maus.de

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (03/29/91)

MARK: KNOCK IT OFF, MR. KNOW-IT-ALL COLLEGE BOY.

A representative of Atari Corp. ought to be able to disclose information
about a new machine here without being rudely berated. This is Usenet, not
some user-fight BBS run by adolescents.

It's hard enough to get information out of Atari Corp.*  It doesn't help
when you go out of your way to make Atari folks feel unwelcome when they
do participate here. You're doing the longtime readers of this newsgroup a
serious disservice.

TRH: Thanks for the information and your participation.

---

*I'm still waiting for that TT press kit.

----
  Steve Yelvington / P. O. Box 38 / Marine on St. Croix, MN 55047 USA
  INTERNET: steve@thelake.mn.org    UUCP: plains!umn-cs!thelake!steve
  GEnie: S.YELVINGTO2               Delphi: YELVINGTON