[comp.sys.atari.st] Mr. Pietrzak responds to: "Mr. Choi" responds to Atari

pietrzak@skybridge.SCL.CWRU.Edu (John Pietrzak) (03/30/91)

Mr. Choi.  I've just read through your thesis on how you have been persecuted
on this board, and by Atari in general.  In the last week, you have been
quite active in writing to comp.sys.atari.st; let me summarize what you've
said:

Saturday, March 23rd
Subject: Re: ST Pad specs
   A message describing how pen-based computing has been established in the PC
world, plus your opinion:
>I doubt Atari will really go the whole 9 yards with this. They have just
>jaded me too often in the past. I have STacy, so I know what Atari doesn't
>do right :^(!

Saturday, March 23rd
Subject: Re: Two New Computer Announcements - CeBIT
   A message giving your "wish list" of what you want in a notebook PC, now
that they've designed one at Atari.  Plus, your opinion:
>BTW, I have  STacy, and so I know how badly Atari can screw up in the
>portable market!

Monday, March 25th
   A reply to a previous description of the design choices of the notebook ST.
You refute them, and point to the PC world as well.  Plus, your opinion:
>This thing would sell like mad if they could get it out in time (ie.
>before apple comes out with its soon to be released mac notebook) but
>I doubt atari learns anything from the past, and so I do not think this
>will happen.

Monday March 25th
   In your disgust of current Atari hardware (especially the notebook ST) you
bring up the point that Atari may be attempting to perform monopolistic
practices, forcing people to buy Stacys instead of notebook STs.  Plus, your
opinion:
>I know th ST can be *used* in these other fields, but it is not versitile
>enough, and nopt good enough in any of these fields, except DTP/MIDI to
>really catch on. The hardware is O.K. for a lot of it, but the
>software/OS stinks.

Thursday, March 28th
   An Atari employee attempts to explain design procedures for your earlier
requests.  Again, you refute him, pointing to your wish-list of notebook PCs,
especially the external monitor request.  Plus, your opinion:
>[...] But Atari the company. It *is* Blind/Dumb! And excruciatingly
>slow as well.

Which brings us to the message I am replying to.
Saturday, March 30th
Subject: "Mr. Choi" responds to Atari
You reply to several posts from people angry at you.  You "defend you honor"
with a long reply, again refuting most of the discussion of design
considerations, as well as commenting on their style of posting.
Some of your opinions:
>My responses were amicable and polite in reference to all individuals
>involved.

>Your above contentions are both misinformed, and misinforming. I expected
>better.  And you think you know the market. You scare me.

>If you look at my posts, it is obvious that what I said was to improve
>the product, I even stated as much.

>If you read my post, I find it hard to see how you can think anything I
>say berated TRH, let alone rudely (can one do otherwise?).

My point?  Sir, you are WHINING.  You have WHINED in every single post you
put on the board last week, and you are WHINING in this one.  Your style
is corrosive; your opinions are self-centered; your "facts" are dubious,
come from third-party sources, and are used incorrectly.  You want something
you cannot have, and are throwing a tantrum of great proportions to a
network which sends your messages over the entire world.

Stop it.

carter@cat7.cs.wisc.edu (Gregory Carter) (03/31/91)

What i would Like to know, is why can't everyone just leave others alone.

If someone has something to say, let them say it.  Just because you feel
something isn't of worth, then hit the N or Q or K key OK?

I hardly believe my eyes, sometimes.  Those of you who critque others on
simply writing messages, regardless of topic.

The technology you have access to you take for granted, thats a shame.
Few people realize the things they do and the impact they have on rn.

--Please, let people speak, and leave them alone.

--Gregory