[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Cheerleaders

darling@cellar.UUCP (Darling) (03/31/91)

trh@atari.UUCP (T R Hall) writes (somewhat ironically):

>        Could it be, Mr. Choi, that you haven't the faintest idea
>what-in-the-fuck you are talking about?

[self-important ranting deleted]

>        You talk about note-books equipped with hard-drives, floppies, ISA
>bus'es etc. How many NOTEBOOK (NOT laptop/luggables) machines any ALL of
these,
>or even more than ONE of these.

TRH, do you really BELIEVE this?  Why don't you wake up and smell what
you're shovelling?

I'm writing this on a Dell 320N (20MHz 386SX notebook computer) that
is also 8.5"x11", and guess what?  It HAS an internal 1.44MB drive.
AND a 60 MB 19ms hard drive.  AND 5MB RAM.  AND an internal Fax/Modem.
AND a low-power VGA edge-lit LCD that diplays 16 shades of grey.  AND
a VGA monitor port.  It goes on.

>        In case you haven't guessed, I am REALLY annoyed with Mr. Choi's
>whinings. He doesn't take the time to find out what the machine actually is,
>yet is prepared to tear apart it's design. He doesn't take time to even
>understand our market, yet is prepared to tear apart HIS SUPPOSITIONS of our
>marketing strategy.

This sputtering attack demonstrates perfectly why Atari has so much
trouble competing in this day and age.  TRH has the gall to attack
someone who theorizes about the marketing strategy (apparently having
struck a nerve), but in doing so, he demonstrates utter ignorance of
the capabilities of similar machines.

The fact that people with this lack of awareness design computers
explains A LOT about Atari's problems.

>        Otherwise, why not be a reasonable human being, and make
CONSTRUCTIVE
>criticism, based on (gasp!) actual knowledge?

Like I said.  Ironic, isn't it?
>        Or perhaps you aren't participating in the group because of
>interest in/support for Atari?

Ah, now we see it.  Anyone who doesn't kiss Atari's ass when they
commit yet another marketing blunder is automatically a heathen, is
that it?

TRH, the REAL Atari enthusiasts are those of us who acknowledge the
strengths of the machines they made before the company was infiltrated
with incompetent hacks who are completely ignorant of what's going on
in the industry, not the people who blindly accept and believe that
the company can do no wrong, and then wonder why there's no support
for their new toys.

I bought my Mega ST because, for my purposes, there was no better
choice.  I can't say that about the machine you describe.

T.A.Darlington