[comp.sys.atari.st] HELP! Mono monitor died

vovut@prism.cs.orst.edu (03/30/91)

My SM124 died a few days ago.  I was typing a paper and the screen suddenly
went blank.  The power light went off, too.  I replaced a blown fuse, but
every fuse blows out.

Can someone help?  Please?

vovut@prism.cs.orst.edu

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (04/02/91)

In article <1991Mar30.010041.11418@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> vovut@prism.CS.ORST.EDU () writes:

>My SM124 died a few days ago.  I was typing a paper and the screen suddenly
>went blank.  The power light went off, too.  I replaced a blown fuse, but
>every fuse blows out.
>
>Can someone help?  Please?

Again I vote for it being a power supply diode, part of the rectifier bridge,
going short circuit. Part number is IN5402 I think.

>vovut@prism.cs.orst.edu

! DISCLAIMER:Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own !
! Neil Forsyth                      JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs                 !
! Dept. of Computer Science         ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk                 !
! Heriot-Watt University            UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil          !
! Edinburgh, Scotland, UK           "That was never 5 minutes!"              !