[comp.sys.atari.st] Rogue

sean@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Sean Sterling Foiles) (03/28/91)

I've updated to Tos 1.4 and the game Rogue no longer works.  I bought
a brand new copy, only to return it to the store.

I wonder if it's the program's fault (after all, it was written long before
the Tos updates),  or something else.

If you have Rogue working properly on a Tos 1.4 system, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

 Sean Sterling Foiles  / Univ. Texas Comp Sci Grad / sean@happy.cc.utexas.edu

d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) (04/02/91)

In article <46296@ut-emx.uucp> sean@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Sean Sterling Foiles) writes:
>I've updated to Tos 1.4 and the game Rogue no longer works.  I bought
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[stuff deleted...]

> Sean Sterling Foiles  / Univ. Texas Comp Sci Grad / sean@happy.cc.utexas.edu
Since we all know that some things blow up with TOS 1.4, how does one
make an OS switcher?  I've heard of people doing such things, and I
still remember the days of my old 800XL with Newell Industries 2 ROM
set for complete compatability...

Dom

Roger.Sheppard@bbs.actrix.gen.nz (04/03/91)

Distribution:world

In article <7881@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> d_alvear@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dom Alvear) writes:
> In article <46296@ut-emx.uucp> sean@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Sean Sterling Foiles) writes:
> >I've updated to Tos 1.4 and the game Rogue no longer works.  I bought
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> [stuff deleted...]
> >
> > Sean Sterling Foiles  / Univ. Texas Comp Sci Grad / sean@happy.cc.utexas.edu
> Since we all know that some things blow up with TOS 1.4, how does one
> make an OS switcher?  I've heard of people doing such things, and I
> still remember the days of my old 800XL with Newell Industries 2 ROM
> set for complete compatability...
>
> Dom

Ladbroke Computing of the UK. do a Kit for using TOS1.2/1.4,
2 chip set Roms, but don't know any more than that.

--
Roger W. Sheppard   85 Donovan Rd, Kapiti New Zealand...