[comp.sys.atari.st] help with boot sector info

depeche@cs.mcgill.ca (Acme Instant Dehydrated Boulder Kit) (04/05/91)

I have quite a bit of ST disks which don't have the MSDOS bootsector.
The ones that were formatted under tos1.4 are reading fine on my PC,
but the ones formatted with TURTLE are unreadable.

Could some kind soul please e-mail me information about how to make an
ST disk readable on a PC by changing whatever sector is needed to be
changed through Norton Utilites?

--
|S. Alan Ezust		: McGill University School of Computer Science      |
|depeche@cs.mcgill.ca	:	     Montreal, Quebec, Canada		    |

woodside@ttidca.TTI.COM (George Woodside) (04/06/91)

In article <1991Apr4.232804.6060@cs.mcgill.ca> depeche@cs.mcgill.ca (Acme Instant Dehydrated Boulder Kit) writes:
>I have quite a bit of ST disks which don't have the MSDOS bootsector.
>The ones that were formatted under tos1.4 are reading fine on my PC,
>but the ones formatted with TURTLE are unreadable.
>
>Could some kind soul please e-mail me information about how to make an
>ST disk readable on a PC by changing whatever sector is needed to be
>changed through Norton Utilites?

If you have a copy of VKILLER, version 3.0 or later, just do a KILL
on the disk. The resulting bootsector, with all non-critical data
zeroed, will also have the necessary values to be readable on any
MS-DOS system.

///
//
/
/ Fodder
/
//
///

--
* George R. Woodside - Citicorp/TTI - Santa Monica, CA *
*   or:       ..!{philabs|csun|psivax}!ttidca!woodside *