[comp.sys.atari.st] HD Floppies Stepper Motor

alanh@logitek.co.uk (Alan Hourihane) (04/06/91)

Hi,

	Well, after a month of using my HD Floppy the Stepper motor finally
blew up!!!.

	The drive is an FD235HF - Teac Mechanism.

	Does any body know in the U.K. where I could either get it repaired
or buy the stepper motor.

	Note: The Drive only cost me 46 pounds.

	Alan Hourihane

	e-mail: alanh@logitek.co.uk

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (04/08/91)

alanh@logitek.co.uk (Alan Hourihane) writes:
>	Well, after a month of using my HD Floppy the Stepper motor finally
>blew up!!!.
>	The drive is an FD235HF - Teac Mechanism.
>	Does any body know in the U.K. where I could either get it repaired
>or buy the stepper motor.

Its not worth it.
If You want to replace the stepper motor, You would have to readjust it
for the tracks beiing compatible with other drives.
It is impossible to do this without special measuring equipment
including a special disk to check the alignment of the tracks.

You should get Your drive replaced on warranty (it came with a warranty,
right?).

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP