[comp.sys.atari.st] SPC Pics from Umich, corrupt?

avalon@exeter.ac.uk (03/30/91)

The other day I downloaded several SPC pictures from bart, but when
I tried to view them on my ST, using a specshow programme I found
on bart, only the top quarter of the pictures was visible...the
rest was a mess of lines...could the files be corrupt, or is my
viewing programme just buggered?

Thanks,
Scott
.

archbold@bluemoon.uucp (Archie Jaszcz) (04/06/91)

avalon@exeter.ac.uk writes:

> The other day I downloaded several SPC pictures from bart, but when
> I tried to view them on my ST, using a specshow programme I found
> on bart, only the top quarter of the pictures was visible...the
> rest was a mess of lines...could the files be corrupt, or is my
> viewing programme just buggered?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
> .

        Yeah, the same thing happened to me a few days ago.  Some of the
spc pics worked just fine (like moonflag.spc, apollo10.spc and
apollo9.spc), but others just wouldn't load and my shower would abort.

        So, I guess my question is the same:  whats up with some of these
pics?

                Replies, flames, whatever to:
                        osu-cis!n8emr!bluemoon!archbold
                        archbold@bluemoon.uucp

lsmichae@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Lars Michael) (04/08/91)

archbold@bluemoon.uucp (Archie Jaszcz) writes:

>        Yeah, the same thing happened to me a few days ago.  Some of the
>spc pics worked just fine (like moonflag.spc, apollo10.spc and
>apollo9.spc), but others just wouldn't load and my shower would abort.

>        So, I guess my question is the same:  whats up with some of these
>pics?

I have downloaded some of them, and I noticed that all files with length
50014 Bytes are ok.

Any comments/ideas?
								Lars

+----------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|     lsmichae@faui43.uni-erlangen.de    |    | | |                         |
|             Lars Michael               |    | | |   "Down with ATARI,     |
|  Graduate Student of Computer Science  |   /  |  \  Long live the ST !"   |
|    at University of Erlangen/Germany   |  /   |   \                       |
+----------------------------------------+----------------------------------|
|  "May the Schwartz be with you!"                                          |

mc4c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark Choi) (04/09/91)

>        Yeah, the same thing happened to me a few days ago.  Some of the
>spc pics worked just fine (like moonflag.spc, apollo10.spc and
>apollo9.spc), but others just wouldn't load and my shower would abort.

You were viewing these in the shower. No wonder you had problems. All
that water.

mc4c+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mark Choi) (04/09/91)

>        Yeah, the same thing happened to me a few days ago.  Some of the
>spc pics worked just fine (like moonflag.spc, apollo10.spc and
>apollo9.spc), but others just wouldn't load and my shower would abort.

You were viewing these in the shower. No wonder you had problems. All
that water, and all. was the shower hot or cold?

                -geisha-