[comp.sys.atari.st] STe SIMM Pin Layout

camm@els.ee.man.ac.uk (Ian Camm) (04/05/91)

Hi All,

I have just upgraded my 520STe to 2 Megs so I now have 2 1/4M SIMM's rattling
about in a draw. A colleague of mine is working on a project at home and could
use this RAM. So what I want to know is, what is the pin layout for these
SIMM's.

If you have the information or can point me in the right direction I would be
most grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

--
Ian Camm                           | JANET: camm@uk.ac.man.ee.els
Dept. of Electrical Engineering    | ARPA:  camm@els.ee.man.ac.uk

baffoni@aludra.usc.edu (Juxtaposer) (04/10/91)

In article <2371@m1.cs.man.ac.uk> camm@els.ee.man.ac.uk (Ian Camm) writes:
>Hi All,
>
>I have just upgraded my 520STe to 2 Megs so I now have 2 1/4M SIMM's rattling
>about in a draw. A colleague of mine is working on a project at home and could
>use this RAM. So what I want to know is, what is the pin layout for these
>SIMM's.
  I got this from Treavor Peacock somewhere over there in UK:  Let me know if
it works!

----------------------------------

 ____________________   ____________________
 --------------------   --------------------       === R94 CAS1LO
 --------------------   --------------------         o RAS1 (solder thru)
|  Bank 0 high byte  | |  Bank 0 low byte   |      === R91 CAS0LO
|   CAS0HI and RAS0  | |   CAS0LO and RAS0  |      o   RAS0 (solder thru)
 --------------------   --------------------       === A8
                                                   === A6
                                                /  === A3
                                      9*33ohm--<   === A0
                                                \  === A4
                                                   === A2
                                                   === A5
                                                   === A1
                                                   === A7
-----------------------front edge of board----------------------------------

The data in/out lines are connected on each chip, so this is the same as on a
SIMM, where they are already connected. The data lines are common between
bank 0 and bank 1, that is, the data line from the LSB on bank 0 connects to
the data line from the LSB of bank 1.

                                SIMM pinouts
                                =-=-=-=-=-=-=
PIN#    Function. Note '*' means -ve logic.

1	Vcc = +5V
2      *CAS
3	D1  <-- Note, goes from D1 - D8, not D0 - D7. Makes no difference though
4	A0
5	A1
6	D2
7	A2
8	A3
9	Vss = 0V
10	D3
11	A4
12	A5
13	D4
14	A6
15	A7
16	D5
17	A8
18	A9 <-- N/C on 256k SIMMS
19	N/C
20	D6
21     *W
22	Vss = 0V
23	D7
24     *PRD <-- Not on all SIMMS, just pulled low. Best left N/C
25	D8
26	N/C
27     *RAS
28	N/C
29	N/C
30	Vcc = +5V

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Ian
>
>--
>Ian Camm                           | JANET: camm@uk.ac.man.ee.els
>Dept. of Electrical Engineering    | ARPA:  camm@els.ee.man.ac.uk
>University of Manchester, England  | UUCP:  ...!!ukc!man.ee.els!camm
>Disclaimer: If you think I need one make it up yourself.

	Hope that helps anyone out there!

-Mike

.sig?  I can't afford one ....