[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari ST notebooks

darling@cellar.UUCP (Darling) (04/11/91)

Nobody should be surprised that when Mark Choi pointed out the highly
un-competitive construction of the upcoming ST notebook machine, some
brainless sycophants would crawl out from under whatever rocks they inhabit
to yell "How DARE you criticize our god".  It's particularly offensive,
however, to see boneheads like Bob Bright attempt first to invalidate Mr.
Choi's well-deserved criticism with some minute discrepancy concerning the
machine's weight, and then ask for an apology in the same paragraph that he
favours us with another brilliant profanity.  Where do these people come
from?  Does Atari pay them?  If so, couldn't they afford to hire more
intelligent people?

If TRH is any indication, apparently not.

Bob has failed to respond to my post concerning the Dell laptop, one of which
I am in posession of.  Why did he ignore this?  Quite simply, because it
completely invalidates his make-believe picture of the competition in this
market.

People like Bob are annoying not only because I have to add them to my /kill
file in an effort to upgrade the calibre of incoming news, but because they
spread false information and therefore contribute to the demise of a company
many of us have genuine concern for.

Give it up, Bob.  You're a fool, but you don't have to advertise it.

 !! \    __  __  __   ____ __  _  ___     !!  Production, Pre-Production,
 !!  \  //! ! \\ !!    !!  !\\ ! // \\    !! and dance remixing @ FACT HQ:
 !!  / //_! !_// !!    !!  ! \\! !  __    !!      darling@cellar.uucp
 !!_/ //  ! ! \\ !!__ _!!_ !  \! \\_!!    !!_______________________________

gl8f@astsun9.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (04/11/91)

In article <Haq8Z1w164w@cellar.UUCP> darling@cellar.UUCP (Darling) writes:

>Nobody should be surprised that when Mark Choi pointed out the highly
>un-competitive construction of the upcoming ST notebook machine, some
>brainless sycophants would crawl out from under whatever rocks they inhabit
>to yell "How DARE you criticize our god".

Yup, and I'm not surprised to find that you, my Darling, also think
you know enough to write briliant, insightful postings about a product
that doesn't exist yet.

How about participating in some useful discussions instead of acting
like a brainless anti-sycophant? Or perhaps we could revive the
Atari/Amiga flamewar for a few months so we could all seek out a rock
or two to hide under.

Followups to misc.test.