[comp.sys.atari.st] LZH problem

alexd@milton.u.washington.edu (Alex Danilchik) (04/10/91)

Ocassionally i come across a file that un-lharcing
with the arcsh35.prg yields "no file found"..
un-lharcing in gulam yields the same error..

Could somone diagnose the problem?

Thanks

gunnar
alexd@milton.u.washington.edu

rcb@netcom.COM (Roy Bixler) (04/13/91)

In article <1991Apr10.161750.4869@milton.u.washington.edu> alexd@milton.u.washington.edu (Alex Danilchik) writes:
>Ocassionally i come across a file that un-lharcing
>with the arcsh35.prg yields "no file found"..
>un-lharcing in gulam yields the same error..

I've had this problem with the Unix lharc.

>Could somone diagnose the problem?

The problem was that, if am trying to un-lharc a file 'foo.lzh', but I
have another file called 'foo' also, 'lharc' will not find 'foo.lzh'
unless I specify it as exactly 'foo.lzh'.  If I just say

lharc x foo

it will report a bad lharc file (once again, in the Unix version).
This bit me because I have a habit of calling my uuencoded files 'foo'
and when 'foo' is uudecoded, the scenario above appears.

--
Roy Bixler
rcb@netcom.com -or- (UUCP) uunet!apple!netcom!rcb