[comp.sys.atari.st] GDOS/TT/TTM195 !!help!!

CSULLOGG@CRL.AECL.CA (04/13/91)

Up to today, I have been using an Atari TT with a PTC1426 colour monitor.
Today, I switched to a TTM195 monochrome monitor and since I made the
switch I have been unable to use GDOS. I was using an assign.sys per Ron
Grant's instructions (with the PTC) and had no problems. So far, I have
been unable to write an assign.sys file that will not bomb my TT now that I
have the TTM monitor. Question, has anyone been able to use GDOS 1.1 with a
TT/TTM195 combination? If so, just what the heck is needed in the
assign.sys file? Can the assign.sys file be mailed to me or posted on the
net PLEASE.

stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Steve Whitney) (04/13/91)

In article <23454@know.pws.bull.com> CSULLOGG@CRL.AECL.CA writes:
>Up to today, I have been using an Atari TT with a PTC1426 colour monitor.
>Today, I switched to a TTM195 monochrome monitor and since I made the
>switch I have been unable to use GDOS.
[more description deleted]

One thing that may cause your problem is that if GDOS runs and there's  no
entry for the resolution it's running in in your assign.sys file, it bombs.
There should be entries for devices 5-9 as well as 1-4.  You can copy the
font and driver setup from your entry for device 4 to devices 5-9.

5p screen.sys
list of fonts
6p screen.sys
list of fonts
7p screen.sys
list of fonts

etc.

Hope this helps!  My G-Print application's installer doesn't do this so
I found out about it recently (as you can imagine).

Since you have GDOS, you might want to try out the G-Print demo.  It's on
atari.archive under gprnt_dmo.arc.  I'll post a message about it soon (there's
a new version).

	--Steve
--
Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |