[comp.sys.atari.st] 2 things

koagouro@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Konstantinos Agouros) (04/09/91)

Hi there, i have two questions:

First: Could somebody please tell me the ip# of atari.archive cause I can't get
through by the name.

Second:
I read once that there should be such thing like a csh for the ST. Could anybody
tell me, if that is true and if where to get it?

Greetings,

Konstantin

---

ksagouro@immd4.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Konstantinos Agouros, Erlanger Str. 11 8521 Spardorf GERMANY
+49 9131 501103

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (04/10/91)

koagouro@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:

>Could somebody please tell me the ip# of atari.archive cause I can't get
>through by the name.

	it is:	141.211.164.8

>I read once that there should be such thing like a csh for the ST. Could
>anybody tell me, if that is true and if where to get it?

	I haven't looked at Okami shell yet, but Gulam is a lot likt csh.
	(no job control though :-)

Warwick
--
  _--_|\   	warwick@cs.uq.oz.au
 /      *  <--	Computer Science Department,

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (04/11/91)

In article <1991Apr9.123253.14987@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> koagouro@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:

 > Could somebody please tell me the ip# of atari.archive

Name:    atari.archive.umich.edu
Address:  141.211.164.8

 > I read once that there should be such thing like a csh for the ST.
 > Could anybody tell me, if that is true and if where to get it?

I like Gulam.  This csh-like shell has:
	(1) A built in terminal emulator
	(2) A built in micro-emacs
	(3) A rich set of more than 60 built in commands (alias, set,
		which, if, touch, rm, ...)
	(4) The ability to execute shell scripts
	(5) The ability to find and execute external commands

There is a bug in the built in "cat".  But there is a program "fcat".
That, with aliasing and feature (5) gives a workable solution.
The documentation is complete and good.

It is at atari.archive.
--
Prof L.J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu

wolfram@cip-s08.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Wolfram Roesler) (04/12/91)

koagouro@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:

>First: Could somebody please tell me the ip# of atari.archive cause I can't get
>through by the name.
Are your sure it's available at your site?

>Second:
>I read once that there should be such thing like a csh for the ST. Could anybody
>tell me, if that is true and if where to get it?
There are many shells working in the way the csh does. One of then is Gulam.
I dont know about an implementation of the original csh to the Atari, but
one of the other shells should do.

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (04/15/91)

>>First: Could somebody please tell me the ip# of atari.archive cause I can't
>>get through by the name.
>Are your sure it's available at your site?

I can't use "atari.arch..." or "terminator...", but the IP# works fine for me.

>>Second:
>>I read once that there should be such thing like a csh for the ST. Could anybody
>>tell me, if that is true and if where to get it?
>There are many shells working in the way the csh does. One of then is Gulam.
>I dont know about an implementation of the original csh to the Atari, but
>one of the other shells should do.

Try out Mupfel that comes with the Gemini stuff, it allows "/" to be used
instead of "\" and has many csh like features.  Also, it doesn't remap the
keyboard (which make Gulam useless on my Australian (uk? us?) keyboard).

Warwick