[comp.sys.atari.st] GCR/1.2 gig drives

alexd@milton.u.washington.edu (Alex Danilchik) (04/15/91)

I have a chance to purchase a micropolis (i believe)
1.2 gig drive.  I would like to hook it up to my ST and
use it for MAC via my GCR.  I figure i can hang it off
my thru port on my Quantum/Supra host set up.

I was reading in the 3.0 update manual that Spectre's formatter
maxes out at 256 megs.  Does this mean i have to get the drive
preformatted for MAC?  also.. will i have any trouble hanging it
off my Quantum/Supra etc etc..

thanks
cheers!
gunnar
alexd@milton.u.washington.edu

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (04/15/91)

In article <1991Apr14.225915.24345@milton.u.washington.edu>, alexd@milton.u.washington.edu (Alex Danilchik) writes:
>I have a chance to purchase a micropolis (i believe)
>1.2 gig drive.  I would like to hook it up to my ST and
>use it for MAC via my GCR.  I figure i can hang it off
>my thru port on my Quantum/Supra host set up.
>
>I was reading in the 3.0 update manual that Spectre's formatter
>maxes out at 256 megs.  Does this mean i have to get the drive
>preformatted for MAC?  also.. will i have any trouble hanging it
>off my Quantum/Supra etc etc..

Just FYI, in the March 1991 issue of ST Informer there is an article on
how to connect a 1.2gig drive to the ST.  I did not read it in detail, but
the guy did succeed.  You may wish to order this issue to check it out.
--
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear