[comp.sys.atari.st] GIF to SPC convertors - *overscan*

perstoro@netmbx.UUCP (Wilhelm Schaefer) (04/15/91)

Mick_Schmidt@hb.maus.de (Mick Schmidt) writes:

>Hmm, I've tried BGIF but only in 16 Colours Mode, because my Machine has an
>16Mhz Acceleration Board which won't work together with Spectre Pics. The
>results weren't too good, now I got VIEWGF12 from terminator and this one is
>quite good in 16 Colours Mode, so I presume the SPU Pics it converts to won't
>be to bad either. BTW: ViewGif supports quite a few Pic Formats including next
>to GIF and Degas also IFF and MacPaint and some more.

I have got problems using the spc format too. This is since I built in
*overscan*. This is realy strange. Because it won't work even *overscan*
is turned off. So is there any hope? I realy wou like to get my
256 colors back. This is a lot better then 16. (was :-( )
On the ather hand - is there a way to use, at least, 16 colors while
using the features of *overscan*?

grettings to all of you

	       -- --- good old perstoro --- --