[comp.sys.atari.st] Posting Z*net International

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (04/16/91)

[In article <1991Apr16.072035.7582@kcbbs.gen.nz>,
     Jon_Clarke@kcbbs.gen.nz (Jon Clarke) writes ... ]

[... and, in <1991Apr16.072427.7672@kcbbs.gen.nz>]

>  This is the third and final request for those wishing Z*Net International
> to this news group comp.sys.atari.st.  Votes will close Monday the 22nd
> of April 1991.

These ``calls for votes'' give the appearance of an attempt to follow
Usenet guidelines, but ... c'mon, Jon, are you joking? They were posted
less than four minutes apart!

> Date: 16 Apr 91 07:20:35 GMT    (call No. 2)
> Date: 16 Apr 91 07:24:27 GMT    (call No. 3)

(I also point out that the Usenet guidelines for newsgroup creation
have many more requirements than simply getting a majority.)

Please don't force 70-kilobyte ``magazines'' through the thousands of
systems carrying comp.sys.atari.st just to satisfy a couple of dozen
people who have not bothered to subscribe to the mailing list.

To be added to the list, send email to:

                stzmagazine-request@virginia.edu.

Greg Lindahl has been running this service for a year or so.

 ----
 Steve Yelvington, Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota, USA / steve@thelake.mn.org

steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) (04/16/91)

 <chuckle>
 ... I just realized that 16 Apr 91 07:20:35 GMT
 and 16 Apr 91 07:24:27 GMT haven't happened yet.

 You aren't watching too much Dr. Who, are you, Jon? :-)
 ----
 Steve Yelvington, Marine on St. Croix, Minnesota, USA / steve@thelake.mn.org

Jon_Clarke@kcbbs.gen.nz (Jon Clarke) (04/16/91)

This is request number two for those wanting Z*net International posted
to this news group.  Please email jon_Clarke@kcbbs.gen.nz

Voting so far

 For posting            Against posting

    42                        3