[comp.sys.atari.st] TT hard disk chaining

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (04/14/91)

I have a buddy who just got a TT.  He wishes to connect his 80mb Supra to
the machine (which already has a HD), thus having access to both drives.  He
did this by plugging the Supra into the DMA socket on the back of the machine.
The internal hard disk uses the Atari HD software, and is at SCSI 0 (thus is
the boot drive).  His Supra is set at SCSI 1.

Problem:  The machine sees the Supra, it parks it when park.prg is run, and it
can reformat it, but the desktop cannot see the partitions.  He tries to
install icons for the partitions, and cannot do so.

Does anyone know of something obvious he could be doing wrong (dealing
specifically with the TT and the Atari Software)?  I have never worked with
the Atari HD software, are there any quirks he/I should know about?

Thanks in advance.

--
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
             Mickey R. Boyd          |  "Kirk to Enterprise.  All clear

csbrod@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod) (04/16/91)

boyd@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) writes:

>I have a buddy who just got a TT.  He wishes to connect his 80mb Supra to
>the machine (which already has a HD), thus having access to both drives.  He
>did this by plugging the Supra into the DMA socket on the back of the machine.
>The internal hard disk uses the Atari HD software, and is at SCSI 0 (thus is
>the boot drive).  His Supra is set at SCSI 1.

Let him set the ACSI target number of the Supra drive to 0. This will cure
your problem.

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Claus Brod@wue.maus.de