[comp.sys.atari.st] Running Mupfel under Neodesk

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (04/17/91)

In article <779@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> warwick@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>Try out Mupfel that comes with the Gemini stuff, it allows "/" to be used
>instead of "\" and has many csh like features.  Also, it doesn't remap the
>keyboard (which make Gulam useless on my Australian (uk? us?) keyboard).

I see some wierdness if I try to run Mupfel from within Neodesk - if I run
Mupfel, then run Zoo from Mupfel, zoo gets executed twice.  Also, upon
exiting Mupfel I get put back to the desktop instead of to Neodesk (using
the non-resident mode of execution).  Doing a bit of experimenting, I tried
running shell_0 in my AUTO folder, then running Neodesk, then Mupfel, and
with that combination Mupfel won't exit at all (goes right back to Mupfel).

Any ideas?

 # Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill  #
 # Microware Systems Corporation  ---  OS-9: Seven generations beyond OS/2!!  #
 ######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!######

warwick@cs.uq.oz.au (Warwick Allison) (04/17/91)

In <1847@mwca.UUCP> bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:

>In article <779@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> warwick@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>>Try out Mupfel that comes with the Gemini stuff, it allows "/" to be used
>>instead of "\" and has many csh like features.  Also, it doesn't remap the
>>keyboard (which make Gulam useless on my Australian (uk? us?) keyboard).

>I see some wierdness if I try to run Mupfel from within Neodesk - if I run
>Mupfel, then run Zoo from Mupfel, zoo gets executed twice.  Also, upon
>exiting Mupfel I get put back to the desktop instead of to Neodesk (using
>the non-resident mode of execution).  Doing a bit of experimenting, I tried
>running shell_0 in my AUTO folder, then running Neodesk, then Mupfel, and
>with that combination Mupfel won't exit at all (goes right back to Mupfel).

>Any ideas?

About zoo:  Check if it exists twice on your path maybe.

I run Gemini with Mupfel, then Uniterm within that, then Mupfel from within
Uniterm, then zoo from there and THAT STILL WORKS!  Hmm.  Maybe a strange
set-up, maybe Neodesk.  When you "exit" Mupfel, it calls some "exit.prg", but
I don't really understand that bit (.logout maybe?)

--
  _--_|\   	warwick@cs.uq.oz.au
 /      *  <--	Computer Science Department,